Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been getting frustrated ,think I know the problem

petew

I have a pro coil,ultimate coil and a fbs800. Al.ost everywhere is junk,yards,sports fields,and these larger coils are worthless.The noise is just too busy in the headphones,I run open screen not to miss anything.I have been using the pro coil but its too big even,and I'm looking at a x8 or 6x8,and gonna use the fbs800 until I get one.Ive been thinking I need a faster machine,but I know even a faster machine needs a small coil in these parts.So,I'm going smaller on the coils,the pro is plenty big enough,the ultimate hasto go.

I'd go with the 6x8 sef. Great separation and very good depth. It splits time on my explorer about 75% vs 25% with the 10x12. I've rarely encounter trash so dense that the 6x8 couldn't handle it if you take it slow.

Explorers in experienced hands do well on deep silver but need to be swung slow...your hunting conditions need a light fast unit as one unit can't do it all...

To cut down the noise you can utilize auto instead of manual and also your threshold so you can't hear it, you will hear coins even though it is low

Yes,it's getting trashy and the big coils aren't the way to go.I ended up getting a x8 coil on trade for my ultimate ,I think it will be better .when I think about it the ultimate was just way too big for me and my hunting ,I like to isolate targets and not get overwhelmed by too many signals. Thanks to all that posted,hope the x8 is a good coil.

I COMPLETELY agree that because of today's packaging and the shrapnel associated with it that large coils in modern parks are getting to be un-usable. The barrage of caps,foil,etc. makes for some VERY bad conditions. Aluminum cans,when run over by a lazy groundskeeper, can turn into a hundred targets in an instant. Yesteryears practice of building parks with garbage fill doesn't help either. Unless the ground hasn't been touched by excavators or dump trucks it can be very difficult to have a productive hunt when looking for old coins. In EVERY site I hunt regularly,about 15 of them,I have found ample evidence of garbage being purposely buried,as in what a landfill would have. Not the entire site,but at least SOMEWHERE on the site. It sucks,plain and simple. That's what we have to deal with I guess,and every so often were rewarded with a good find. I've found 3 silver dimes in my most heavily hunted park in the last month and a half....a 58 Rosie,43 Merc and 03 Barber. None were more than 4" down,which blew my mind. They were all disguised in amongst the junk. I just hit them at the right angle in the right day,or just never swept over them before. But there was garbage to some degree around all of them.
The X-8 has been doing a lot better since I reset the machine. One thing that has helped is to turn FAST "ON",it will clip the signal just a hair but does better at recovering when in the garbage,and it seems like that's all the time anymore. I love my stock 1050 coil but I don't think I COULD ever use something bigger,no matter how much depth I wanted to get. Going deep isn't possible when the machine will latch onto and report or null on a target higher up in the ground before it ever sees the target at 10-12". I don't know, I have the same frustrations you do when it comes to parks. Next year I won't hunt any,it'll all be private property,that's my goal for 2016. I don't want to hunt any more public ground,it's just not where it's at for me. Maybe I'll come back to them in ten years when I'm really good at this,and with a large coil. Maybe not.

Kevin

Good point - don't wait = get out of the parks and do some priovates = there is good stuff out there for sure.

Have you seen the news on Vero Beach find July 30th 2015? Mucho Spanish gold coins worth $300 each! Wow - it's out there - get some for yourself

I guess maybe that was worded wrong,I do have 6 private properties to hunt now,but still do some park/school hunting. I want to line up some more privates and have enough productive ones to not have to be lured back to the parks and schools for that lonely elusive good keeper. They're cool to find,it's just what you have to do to find them that turns me off. The private places I have aren't particularly good ones,I need to have better producers is all. I'm always trying to network and get on to private land....

Kevin

iTS NOT WORTHLESS IN MY OPINION.. STOP USIN OPEN SCREEN. TRY SET-UP COINS AND JEWLERY ONLY. ELIMINATE TIN FOIL AND CROWN CAPS. TRY MANUAL NOISE CANCEL ON 2 FOR GOLD AND 10 FOR SILVER. OR ANYWHERE IN BETWEEN WHERE YOU DONT GET MUCH OR ANY CHATTER. USE AUDIO1 IF YOU ARE FAMILILAR WITH IT. AND MOST IMPORTANT IS TO KEEP SENSITIVITY WHERE YOU HEAR THE THRESHOLD MOSTLY THRU A SWING OF ONLY 18"!!!..BACK AND FORTH SLOWLY.sWING FASTER BUT SHORT SWINGS WITH AN EXPLORER IF GROUND IS CLEAR IN AREAS THEN GO BACK AND RESERCH A BEEP WHEN YOU HEAR ON WITH A SLIGHT 1/2 GIGGLE IF OTHER ITEM NEAR. IF YOU CAN GET A STEADY SIGNAL DIG ALL!! DON'T WORRY WHAT YOU ARE MISSING WITH HAVING AN OPEN SCREEN SINCE YOUR TOO CONFUSED ANYWAYS WITH IT. DIG EVERYTHING IN A CERTAIN AREA WITH THIS SETTING AND CLEAN IT OUT OF ALL JUNK AND GOOD ITEMS THEN INCREASE SENSE AND GO OVER IT AGAIN AND OPEN UP THE SCEEN TORWARS FERROUS 2 OR 3 MORE. DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. MY OPINION...WORKS FOR ME! OR... TRY COINS ONLY... CLEAR IT OUT AND AD MORE AND DOIT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Took off my sun Ray XS1 pointer and got the Garret Pro pointer AT (water proof one..orange)... Took alot of weight off and dont need the harness now and the Garret does a much better and faster job than the Sun Ray..2 of which I will be selling shortly. They have no depth and only pick up and inch from the end. The Garret is fanominal in what it does!

Took off my sun Ray XS1 pointer and got the Garret Pro pointer AT (water proof one..orange)... Took alot of weight off and dont need the harness now and the Garret does a much better and faster job than the Sun Ray..2 of which I will be selling shortly. They have no depth and only pick up and inch from the end. The Garret is fanominal in what it does!

Play with your Gain also... 8 to 9 for me. 10 in non trashy ground.
check these articles out!
AUDIO 1
Stan Paling
Date: October 28, 2004 09:43AM

WHO HUNTS IN WHAT AUDIO FORMAT AND WHY?? JUST SWITCHED FROM NORMAL TO AUDIO 1 --IT'S LIKE HAVING A NEM MACHINE TO PLAY WITH

Reply Quote Report

John-I'm not anywhere good enough with the Ex2 to be in open screen,I use the preset coin pattern and sweep narrow and slow,as you said. Pretty much I do everything you said except Audio 1 and I'm running Ferrous where the targets are the lightest,or in my farm sites,digging everything above Ferrous. I like Conductive for the parks but still use Ferrous for my schools as I'm more apt to run into buried nails there than I am to run into aluminum debris. My ears pick up on the Ferrous more readily for some reason. I think it's wise to stick to one or the other but I'm bucking that trend right now. Sometimes I can crank the Sens to 30,most of the time it hangs out around manual 24-26 with the X-8,any more than that most places and it just reports everything I don't want,little blurbs and blips from all the junk,small and shallow or large and deep. I literally dug up a rusty round nail this morning at 10" with the X-8 because it repeated with a good conductive number,like 26/27. Ferrous side was like 04/05. Maybe it was standing straight up,I didn't notice,all I know it was ALOT of work digging through rocks to find that. Sometimes you get that but I'm not in a hurry to do that again anytime soon!
Thanks for the advice,I'll take any and all...

Kevin