Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been eying up the x1 target probes

petew

And bought one tonight,I've been curious about them for a few years.They go quickly, so I figured if I don't like it I can't lose money.it's on a white rod,maybe I can paint it black.I have a question though,are all the wires still gonna be inside the shaft?

The x1 probe was designed with the wire for the coil running on the outside..you can run it inside with some modifications.whats nice about being outside is easier coil changes..

Good luck with it.

I am wondering if you used a pin pointer before? And if so was it a Pro Pointer?

I didn't want to spend that anount on my old machine upgrade. But I figured the pro pointer can be used with any detector.

Yes,I've had the same Garrett pro pointer for 3 years,it's still in good shape,in not hard on my equipment. But I had some money put back and wanted to try the sunray probe.I know explorers seem old but I would rather have it than a newer model that's not as good.

Petew, I feel the same way. I finally began to understand it much better this year and am not ready to upgrade to another machine.

Well,I didn't know the cord wouldn't be in the shaft anymore if I used the x1 probe,so I cancelled that deal,but bought a 15 inch wot coil she had for sale,so that's good.I have been reading on the ultimate coil,and I figure the 15 inch wot will cover more ground,and maybe deeper.I really wanted that probe,but I like the explorer with the cord in the rod,and it's not worth it to change that,I have a Garrett pro pointer.And big Tony,I sold this machine once,and regretted it more than I could say.I bought a e Trac and was disappointed,it offered me nothing over the explorer,and I sold it out of haste,for that reason.this explorer SE is my one and only machine.not that I won't get another,but I won't sell this one.

Petew, I understand. I really enjoy the Exp II for similar reasons. I also undertstand that the SE goes a little deeper than the II but that's ok with me.
I just go slow. Enjoy and good luck in 2015!

From what I hear the explorers all have the same depth,and the explorer 2 and SE are pretty much the same except for color and id in pinpoint mode.that's my understanding anyhow