Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

been away

captRobert

but I'm back after a bought with, pnewmonia, ok i cant spell it..but it takes a while to get over it...still went on a few hunts but kept looking back at the car i was towing around in the lane, mine with me..

have found some gold and did get a good coin yesterday, i dont find that many old coins...check it out...1921-D merc...I'm told that its a semi key date coin...

not reales, got fooled by this one for about a second lol..also a ring found near by. still a neat experience to find something thats been laying in the water for 86 years....

capt (aka sandhunter)

thanks for looking.

Glad you are feeling better, welcome back and thanks for sharing . Nice loot, what's the story on the ring. CZ or for real. HH

Welcome back and hope you're feeling better!!!

The merc looks like one I just found with my Infinium (see recent post "cleaning in process") and hope to finish it this weekend!

The coin with the hole looks like an ancient coin that was being worn around the neck???

Thanks and HH!!!:beers:

Hope you are feeling better! In the top pic, there is a band that is apparently undescribed or I missed it. How bout the ring with the stone, .925 or gold and is the stone real? How do you know the reale is not real? I did not see, "COPY"? Nice merc! Nice stuff from what I can see mate, hand me those details and I think I'll have a better understanding of what I'm looking at.

Now get back out there and exercise those lungs.........nice deep breaths while swinging and digging..........clear those air passages.

Had the pneumonia 2 winters ago, knocked me for a loop for a good month, even then its taken months to finally get back to normal. Take your time out there and watch for the fatique.

Hey guys thanks for the kind words..the fatigue is tough..mind says go get it and the body say...are you crazy :wacko:

the ring is silver so i dont think its any more than a cz or glass, however i never found a silver ring with such a well made setting before and the strange thing is somebody took it to a jeweler to have it resized...it seems professionally done. who would waste money like that on a $2 ring? a real mystery..

the coin I'm told is worth about $50 after its cleaned up, the other gold looking coin is a fake reale and probly was a kids pirate coin..it looks plated and maybe made of lead. for just a moment i thought I had found something good...lol..as the area i hunt has produced both gold and silver spanish reales..

btw the finds that you guys have been making are awesome! well done! Gulf hunter, we need a FULL review of that new fisher cz21 when you get it! I have a feeling it'll be a good one!

Silver wedding bands with diamonds were all the rage back at the turn of the last century. DeBoers didn't have a lock on the diamond industry yet so diamonds weren't nearly as expensive as today and silver was considered a proper setting as it brought out the cool white of the diamond. If it's old you would be well advised to clean up the stone and have a look at it through a loupe or good magnifying glass. If you see inclusions in the stone you should take it to a jeweller to have it verified.

Be Well,

BDA:cool:

Hey bdahunter,

Thanks for the antique silver ring info!!!! I had no idea that old silver settings could have real diamonds on them (never really thought about it)!

Thanks and HH!!!:thumbup: