Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been away for a while, just picked up a platypus coil and need to find longer bolt for it. :angry:

mattw

The coil that I just picked up for my SE Pro is serial number 0008! I have not tested it yet, I do not have a bolt long enough. Hardware stores seem to stop at 5/16 x 2 1/2 and it really needs to be 3" so it will get tight!

Can't wait to try it out! May work better than the small SEF coil in trash!

Matt

I have 3 big box hardware stores in our area, 2 only had 2 3/8 length seat bolts and the third had no nylon bolts at all. My Ace did have 3 inch nylon bolts, got that covered. Next issue, the ears on the coil do not flex enough to really tighten up, spaced it out with rubber washers, they do not work very well when stacked so now I guess that I am going to have to find fiber washers or nylon washers to shim with. I am not sure if I am having all the trouble since the coil is so old or if all of the coiltek coils are spaced to wide.

Without touching a newer coil from them, I would have a hard time ordering a new one and expecting a proper fit. I would like a WOT for field hunting, have one I can pick up for $140 but need to check the fit issue. Any insight would be great!

Matt