Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Been away for a bit folks............

Wayne in BC

Lots of probs, internet down, etc.
Here is a pic of the snowfall two days back, settled some now but what a nasty bit of global warming we just got! 30 inches total and colder than Mike's place. very weird for our area 15 degrees colder than normal. All roads closed for a day or so and i'm holed up trying to pack firewood with extreme Sciatica and standing by with the generator.

Sorry about pics, i'm not too bright with anything lately.

[attachment 113042 deckview.jpg]
[attachment 113043 snow.jpg]

Wish I was there to lug some of that Wood for you buddy!!

Not as bad as your weather I hear. And with your sciatica.. I really feel for you.

So much for global warming. :):

Well, winter starts o Sunday.. Perhaps the weather will improve :D:

fair winds my friend

Mike

n/t

Hopefully sooner than later! No snow here but we had one of our famous ice storms earlier in the week. Some idiot driving too fast nearly wiped me by nearly slideing into me.....forced me off the road and took the drivers side mirror off my truck. He didn't even stop! It is probably a good thing because if he had....him or me one would have taken a good old fashioned butt kickin'....not sure who would have taken it ...but one of us would have!

harder to move the wood around if it isn't right at your door. I know that sciatica all to well. Sure hope it lets up for you. Its snowing here
pretty good right now up here in New England. A so called Nor-easter...The storms tracks just to the south of us and pulls all the moisture off the ocean. This one should be gone in about 14 hours or so. The faster it moves the better. I like to hit the beaches in Rhode Island after these winter storms. Turns over a lot of sand. Often takes it down to hard pan. Right now, just to much going on with holidays and I'll be a plowing tomorrow big time. Sure hope you keep your power there. We are concerned tonight also as with the added weight of the snow, and the power company no longer trimming trees, its easy to loose power.

Take care........

George-CT

n/t

30 mph winds and about 14 more hours of it. Glad its still fall, winter would have ruined us... Hope Alice is doing well. I get to try out my new plow set up tomorrow.... Down side is no cab on the tractor.... Could be worst I could be doing it all by hand....

George-CT

n/t

n/t

That may not be due to their benevolence and largess. Since our area supplies the lower mainland, and it's several million people , with power, the power company is looking out for their interests... not ours.. :):

calm seas

Mike

and gonna do it again tomorrow! Three plow trucks at once...Then clean up with the bucket loader! Expecting 8 to 15 inches here in Massachsuetts... yuck....:thumbdown:

Now they only come when a tree has taken a line down or laying on it. The guys were saying they told them its cheaper as they can charge it to storm insurance or something like that. One of the high priced CEO's must of came up with that plan.

Geo

must be bad because neither of you can be made to complain. Please take our sincere best wished to her and ASAP recovery.