Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bear with me here.........

George-CT

Just got this sent to me.... and the little blurb about it.... The claws seem way to long on it to me. It would seem like they should wear down. Geo

This Bear was hit on Hwy 64 between Merrill and Medford Wisconson. It was being chased by a pack of wolfs and ran in front of a logging truck. They estimated it was over 750 pounds. Kinda filled the 8'0' bed of the truck.

n/t

not likely it was in Wisconsin. I have had it sent to me twice, first time they claimed it was in the Yukon and second time Alberta. I would suggest that wherever it came from, it was a denned bear that was disturbed by equipment or such, the length of the claws (Black bears have retractible claws) indicate late winter - early spring.

n/t

about bears. I sure don't but the claws sure seem to long for and animal that moves across the ground. Denned up makes since for sure. We have the black bears here.

if folks had left it alone? If you come across one sleeping in a den, are they easy to wake up? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

it would den up again. But with Grizz all bets are off, they are not true "hibernaters" but just remain in a kind of stupor. I have known of them to wander around in the middle of winter although they do not go far from the den usually unless they are starving. They often do not survive early wakeup in winter because their systems (in my experience and opinion) seem to require green vegetation to kick start their system before they can digest meat. We would not see bears on a carcass for the first week or so after they came out of the den, even though they were around and the meat was available they seemed to fill up on grass and other greenery first.