Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bear story for Fred

Ludy

This is about the guy who thought he could live with
the grizzlies.Him and his girlfriend wound as food
for the bears.

Click here: THR - Treadwell's death and body recovery - a live-action account

I have read several stories about this man and his death in Alaska. It is my understanding that the video camera had recorded sounds of the deaths of him and his girl friend...but not the pictures. The video camera indicated that Timothy Treadwell was killed first by a bear. After the bear killed him, he left but returned because the girl friend was screaming, and then killed her.

Also, his camp was within feet of the bear trail...a stupid and dangerous thing to do.

There is also speculation that he was a fake, and had changed his name a few years prior to getting the attention of the public as a bear expert. I do not remember the details about this part of his life.

Folks must remember that bears are very dangerous. Many bear hunters will quickly tell you that many times the hunter ends up being the hunted.

I have no actual bear experience, but I have read several books on the subject and on occasion, will spend some time on Google reading about bears.

Ludy, thank you for providing the link to this story, it is much appreciated and the time spent reading the story kept me out of mischief. I owe you one! Please have a great holiday weekend! Kelley (Texas) :)