Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bear saga.. Chapter two!

Jim Vokes NY

This past weekend, my wife and I were driving to our campgrounds in the early afternoon when I saw a deer close to the road. I was trying to see if there were any more deer when my wife starts hollering "There is a BEAR in the road ahead".

Well sure enough a nice size cub was standing on it's hind legs looking down the road the opposite way. The cub slowly looked our way which by this time was pretty close. You could almost see the surprised expression in it's eyes as it quickly bounded off the road,into the woods and disappeared!

Well, my wife was so excited that SHE spotted the BEAR first, she told everyone at camp that would listen at least twice!

And you know, that with each telling, that cub grew bigger and bigger!

:rofl:

saw the bear first! :lol: Have you folks ever taken any pictures of the bears up there? Good story, thanks for posting it! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

Start out with a little pan size and go home with a fish you have to fold in half to fit in the cooler! :buds:

have quite a few bear in this area but the are very rarely see. It is amazing how secretive they are...

It was great the wife was there to show it to you. She will remind it to you for the rest of your life. And probably beyond!! :D

I mean with all the make up, girdles, wigs and wonder bras??

The reality is that woman's actual measurements are NOT....

"What you see is what you get!"

:rofl:

and we see several each year. However, are bears scarce where your campgrounds are? I can see why seeing one would be an adventure... it was when we first moved away from the city and into the country.

Calm seas

M

A couple of years ago, a bear was trashing the dumpster so the conservation department set up a live trap.. filled it with beef fat and doughnuts.. Set it at 9am and trapped a 75 lb cub at 4pm the same day.

They came and tranquilized it and placed a tracking collar on it.

The next morning, Jean and I went there to see the bear released. Well, he came out of the trap in a hurry, went down the road a little ways and then tried to climb a tree. The conservation officer yelled at it so it continued into the woods.

It was really neat! Here are a couple of pictures!

n/t

n/t

we, being the gentlemen we are, did not want to interrupt to point them out to you. Right Mike??? :D

I hope you realize that I will deny that I ever joked about my missus !!:smoke: