Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BeachHunter ID air test question.......

nu2th

I can't get more than 5" depth in Disc mode on a 14K gold wedding band or a zinc penny. In All Metal I can hear the threshold change slightly at 10-12" away, but the light won't come on until about 5" away from coil. Does this sound normal for this detector? I just got it (used like new) and am not sure if something is wrong or not. Also the red and blue lights have the same tone (low) and the middle white light is higher. I thought the tone is supposed to increase in pitch from red to blue (3 different tones). Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone!

Your trying to air test a unit that has a manual GB. Try turning the GB knob all the way left. What is the depth in the disc mode? Are you measuring the distance with a non metallic ruler? Is the sens all the way up?

DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING! I tried it again and realized l was moving objects straight TOWARDS the coil and not waving ACROSS the coil! In my defense, it was REAL EARLY this morning when I was trying it and uh.. I was tired and uuhh.....getting over a head cold and uuuuhhh.....yeah that's it!...I was sick! Actually, I am now very relieved that the detector seems to have plenty of depth now. Getting 8-10" in DISC and 10-12"+ in All Metal. The only thing that still seems odd is that the middle white light for the jewelry tone is higher in pitch than the blue/green light for silver & coins tone. Don't know if it could be a problem in the headphones or not. Not a real big problem anyways, I can get used to it; just not the way the manual describes it should be.