Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beachhunter ID 300 questions

sport.pilot

Hello everyone,

I have the opportunity to trade my CZ-21 for a virtually new Beach Hunter ID 300. Although I have read a lot about the BHID, I still have a few questions:

I live in California where the minerals in the ground are hot - lots of black sand. Will this detector be able to handle it?

1. I read a quote from Jimmy Sierra who lives in CA that he does not la fan of the BHID because it will not do the job for him on the CA salt beaches - anybody have a different experience?

I mainly plan to hunt fresh water beaches along rivers and lakes in the central and northern parts of the state - such as the American River, Comanche Lake, Lake Tahoe, Shasta Lake, etc. I will use it in shallow water. I have a Spectra V3i for the shore hunting.

2. How does one control the volume on the detector if it is excessively loud? I understand it does not have a volume control and none on the headset?

Thanks.

You won't have any problems hunting the fresh water lakes or rivers with the BHID 300. I've used mine a lot in California and Arizona, Two states with high mineralization. I found the Volume a little too loud for lake hunting but it needs to be that way for hunting beaches with waves or loud surf. I put a small piece of foam in each earphone cup to quiet it down a bit.

Hi:

We have a BHID and use it in lakes with black sand here and it works great. However, salt beaches were a different story. Falsing gets pretty bad and depth is not good at all. Wet salt sand combined with some black sand to be not a good thing at all. We also have a TDI and a Surf PI Pro. Both are fantastic on the salt sand beaches in Southern California. The PI Pro probably goes deeper and with less "tuning" but the TDI gives you some ability discriminate out iron and to focus on high or low conducting targets, but it requires some practice to get it right and you have to want to fiddle with things. However, if you like fiddling with the V3 the TDI might be great for you at the salt beach, though it isn't waterproof so it would just be for shallow shallow water or wet sand.

Hope this helps!

Nugget

Nugget bucket and Tom-slick have given good advice so far. It's the salt and minerals combo, that gives the BH ID fits. For fresh water wading, you should be ok. I mean, as long as you're not in some sort of jet-black mineralized lake silt or something? For moderate minerals, and typical coin/jewelry hunting, you should be ok.