Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beaches hunted hard?

scott-devon

Then get an infinium!

I went out to one of our highly alkaline lakes today in the rain, had the beach to myself. This is a beach that has been detected to death over the years. The old Edmonton detecting club used to hunt it regularly and I've been told it was..."hunted out".

Maybe so..but they weren't using a machine that could cut through the mineralization and get the depth the Infinium can.

Here's my proof...

coilshot.JPG

A shot of the lake in the rain. Great time to hunt, the beach is deserted.

rainhunt.JPG

My loot for the day...

aug18.jpg

Check out the 6 small paper thin discs of copper...those used to be pennies. So much mineralization it eats metals, including silver - just look at the condition of the two silver rings. They were deep deep oldies as you can tell from this before cleaning photo.

Got to LOVE the Infinium for those so called hunted out spots. Great hunt Scott.

Cool name and avatar by the way. I'd change my name to Black Scotty but....I'd end up with a little black terrier for an avatar.

;)

Hey Davy, what do you use the Compass 94-IB for? I used to own a lot of Compass detectors and still think I've got one up in the attic - maybe a 94. They ought to be great for competition hunts.

Bill

Uncle Willy,

It was my brothers first commercial purchased unit and the first unit I detected with. I took it out of my fathers barn and cleaned it up per my brothers request. My father was using it to locate boundy pins. My brother found a bunch of good finds with it back in the 70's.

It has surprised the heck out of me to find modern pennies looking like they'd been in the ground for 300 years! And I'm not even near a beach!

Nice finds, Scott!

HH