Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

beach tips please

e-train

hello, i need some tips for the beach after i build my sand scoop i am going to hit the beach with my ace 250. any suggestions on how to find the rings and such. i am new and i hope to score something worth money.

e-train

Buy a detector made for the beach... the Ace does not like the wet sand.. you can turn down the sensitivty but then you will lose depth... most beach hunters use top of the line equipment and you will be at a disadvantage from the get go... stay in the dry stuff and hunt the blanket line...

Be sure to sweep your coil LOW AND SLOW; dig every thing it beeps on. Try to hunt low tide if you can. Try to work the wet sand
but if you can't work that move up to the dry sand and work that. Don't give up if you don't find a pot of gold, it takes time and work
to find the good stuff and that mean's diging a lot of trash. We all have to pay our due's and you will to.
HH

CraigPI is right, the Ace 250 will not work good in the wet sand, you will have to turn down the sen. so far you will get little depth missing all the good stuff. But It does well in the dry sand. It wasn't ment for the ocean. On a good note I have the Excal II 1000, and I have found many a gold and silver ring in the dry sand, and tons of coins. So happy hunting, Gene