Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach okay?

Going to the beach in a few weeks, wondering if my metal detector can work on, and in shallow water at the beach. My manual doesn't say anything about it, and I don't want to mess it up! It's a BH Pioneer 505. Thanks.

The simple answer to your question is NO. The detector should work just fine in the dry sand, but like most VLF type detectors it will "chatter" giving false signals in the water and wet sand. It's not worth the aggravation trying to use it in the water.

Agreed...stay on the sand, and your fine...get near the water, especially salt water, and your gonna pull your hair out with all the false signals...fresh water may not give so much trouble...if in fresh water, just turn your SENS down to about 10 o'clock, and keep the control box and plug DRY...

HH,

BH-LandStar

Sometimes, I can manage to run my T4 on the wet beach sand, I still get falsing but it's dramatically reduced. My method is to keep the sens at about 12 oclock, disc on and set at 10 oclock. Keep your coil at 2" off the deck and sweep speed at 2' per second. Don't lift or lower the coil, keep it at a constant height. Hope this helps you. HH regards Nugget.