Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach & Nugget hunting

wild horse joe

Has any one nugget hunted with the E-Trac? I own a MXT & GMT and was thinking of selling both of them and buying the E-Trac. The prospecting frequency response is half way between the GMT & MXT. My thinking was it would do better than the MXT and a little less capable than the GMT. The only way I can afford the E-Trac is to sell off these two machines. I was also wondering about it's beach hunting ability's. I use the MXT with so-so success on my west coast beaches. I have to turn down the gain. Does the E-Trac do a lot better? I've heard a few negative reports on it's beach hunting. Thanks for any help making this difficult decision.
Happy Trails Joe :detecting:

Hi,

Might want to try the E-Trac forum. This is the White's V3 Forum.

The E-Trac would be nowhere near as good as an MXT or GMT for prospecting. The MXT easily blows the E-Trac away for prospecting. Statements like "the prospecting frequency response is half way between the GMT & MXT" are meaningless when referring to multi frequency detectors that cannot be set for a single frequency.

For much the same reason the E-Trac is no doubt a better beach machine than either the GMT or MXT. The GMT is worthless on wet salt sand. The MXT is ok but would suffer compared to a multi frequency unit. Multi frequency units have a unique ability to handle both salt water responses and black sand mineralization.

Steve Herschbach

Well, now that you got moved over to the E-Trac forum I suppose you could repost over at the V3 forum.

Steve Herschbach