Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunting tips

Buddysox

I will be hunting on the beach at the end of this month for the first time. Have a lot of dry land experience but never hunted a beach with the Exp 2 and SEF coil. Have a rare chance to hit Pacific Beach in San Diego for three days. If any of you guys that know the surf can give me some info on how to go about it with a good strategy, settings and so on I would appreciate it. I don't want to go out there and waste three days then find out I was doing it all wrong Thanks in advance.

1.Find out when low tide is and get there about 1 1/2 before maybe 2
2. work in a zig zag pattern along the surf from dry sand and down to the water after a few target are found look BEHIND YOU and you will see the area
that is most productive
3. when you start getting fewer targets turn around and go back thru were you found the most targets and hit it hard till you don't find any more
targets or thay get few and far between
4 start back down the beach starting back at # 2 above

In case you're considering the beach by the Hotel Del... A few weeks ago I stayed at the Hotel Del and spent about 8 hours hunting wet sand at low tide and dry sand + volleyball courts with my Safari and WOT coil. The targets were really scarce. You might want to spend your time at Pacific or Mission beach (although I haven't hunted those... yet).
-Good Luck!