Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunting Tips

UFOsAreReal

I will be hunting on the beach during the winter season.
I only plan to use my detector in water no deeper than my shins.
Can somebody please tell me where my best chance of finds would be while hunting in wet and dry sand? Obviously the towel line. But I'm referring more to the water line area. I have a Whites DFX and that means death to black sand. So that's not a problem.
Any helpful hints would be most appreciated.

We travel a lot and I hunt new beaches all of the time and here is what I look for. First thing I Iook for is a large public parking area hopefully next to a large hotel or condo as that is where people go. I then check the beach out at high tide and look where the "Mommies" are playing in the shallow water with their small children. I then hunt that area at low tide which should leave you no deeper than your shins.

You didn't say what beaches you will be hunting in the winter time. If it's up north, this won't work this time of year. If you will be hunting in FL. this time of the year it will work fine.

if going to Fla, then gulf coast might be easier than Atlantic only cause of a rougher serf,
:minelab:
as i hunt all over too and i too am a newbie to this sport I'm having a blast..:detecting:

If you are going to use your DFX in salt water don't, buy an underwater detector. All you need is a tiny hair line crack in your coil and in 3 to 6 months kiss your DFX goodby, the salt water will destroy it . I know they say the coil is water proof, but I seen it happen to many times. I been doing this for 30 years The only good under watercoil is one that is attacted to an under water detector. Now for huntting , most of the Gulf beaches this year are all sanded in for some reason. So good luck and happy huntting Ron Lord Naples,FL.

I also hunt at the beach , with my DFX. I have never had a problem with the water... yet, Knock on wood. Maybe
because i silicone the loop cover to the loop, and also put a bead around where the cable is connected to it.
I always look for a "cut" and hunt on the water side of it, and the vertical part. As a rule most gold jewelry is found within 10'
of the water, I read that in a book, and most of the jewelry i find is in that area. Snack bar areas are also good, lots of change.
The trail from the parking lot. At one beach i hunt, there is a wall between the beach and the parking lot, with openings to
access the sand every 20' or so, the one that has the most foot prints, leading to the beach, is the one i hunt. Also when
hunting the wet, I look for the "treasure line". Similar objects have similar weights, ie quarters, pennies, small rings, big rings.
And Ive noticed they will be in line, as i go down the beach. the tide will pull them, or push them the same distance, approx.
I tend to zig zag a bit until i find the line. Also when your in knee deep water, and a wave comes try not to raise your coil
above the control box. as water on the shaft will drain back towards it. not good! good luck.