Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunter vs Surf Pro PI?

pmike

I realize this topic might have already been addressed, but am unable to find it if so. Could those of you who use either of these machines tell me why you did or would choose one over the other? I am wanting to get one for use primarily when wading, but might also use it snorkeling or even diving. I have been leaning toward the Surf Pro PI, but have also seen and read some great posts about the BHID. I would most likely want to go with the 12" coil. Also could you tell me if either or both of these are the dual frequency detectors?

Mike

pmike said:
I realize this topic might have already been addressed, but am unable to find it if so. Could those of you who use either of these machines tell me why you did or would choose one over the other? I am wanting to get one for use primarily when wading, but might also use it snorkeling or even diving. I have been leaning toward the Surf Pro PI, but have also seen and read some great posts about the BHID. I would most likely want to go with the 12" coil. Also could you tell me if either or both of these are the dual frequency detectors?

Mike

PI PRO finds deeper and EVERYTHING in the beach/surf, and I love to dig. I love THE PROCESS not the end result (ditto the human life in general) Sometimes in a trashy beach (here in NY only this type is available for general MDing public) a junk iron can sit next to a gold ring and with "descrimination" you will miss the gold. PI PRO forces you to dig EVERYTHING!!
Make sure you order "WEIGHTED" coil! From my PERSONAL humble experience with both - in water "weighted" is two handed winner. On dry sand you do not feel any difference between the two at all.

For fresh water - BHID is better.

pmike said:

Mike

Mike... Both the BHer and PI have the 12 inch coils.. You say you want to dive with the detector the Beachhunter is only rated for 25 feet where as the PI is rated down to 100 feet so if you're planning to dive deeper than 25 feet I wouldn't go with the Beachunter... if you want to go deeper with a discriminating machine look into the Minelab Excalibur..

Craig-PI said:
pmike said:

Mike

Mike... Both the BHer and PI have the 12 inch coils.. You say you want to dive with the detector the Beachhunter is only rated for 25 feet where as the PI is rated down to 100 feet so if you're planning to dive deeper than 25 feet I wouldn't go with the Beachunter... if you want to go deeper with a discriminating machine look into the Minelab Excalibur..

I guess my PI PRO has 9,5`` coil, not 12``. But DF - true, 12``. But I feel no difference after detecting a substantial time with both machines.