Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunter ID Mod.

LX Kid

Thought I might share this. I'm left handed and it's not user friendly for "me!" I replaced the coil with a negative bouyancy 10" EXcelerator coil and in progress of putting toggle and LED's on the top of the rod.

S6001544.jpg
S6001547.jpg
S6001545.jpg
S6001514.jpg

Finished except for the headphone modification. If I could only find an Amphenol connector!

S6001550.jpg
S6001549.jpg

Found out when I put my new 10" EXcelerator coil onto my Beach Hunter ID that it would definitly need a coil steady. Used a PVC lid, off a electrical box, to make two of them. Used old nylon 3/8" toilet seat bolt to attach on rod cause original bolt was too short. Other one is for my Tesoro Tiger Shark with 8" coil. It's a little harder to make because of the coil design. Anyway here's a couple of pics for those interested.

S6001557.jpg
S6001558.jpg
S6001559.jpg

Think I'm going to use a standard 1/4 plug & jack and try not to drop it in the water! If I find a waterproof plug and jack I'll just change it out. I wanna try my external amplified speaker so as not to have to use those uncomfortable stock headphones. Here's a couple of pics of the speaker amp. This will also allow me to use other headphones instead of the uncomfortable stock phones.

S6001577.jpg
S6001578.jpg

Common folks just don't have any inkling what us lefties hafta go through :yikes: The only comfort we have here in the U.S., at least we get to drive on the side of the road that allows our "sword hand" to handle incoming traffic :super: Screw Drivers, wrenches, yes Crescent wrenches, nuts and bolts, all this stuff is right handed :biteme: If it wasn't for "Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey" None of us could work on anything. One good thing we have is GOLF :clapping: Yes, they design golf courses to make it hard for you Righties. Ha Ha Ha :bouncy: I'm still looking for left handed Jockey shorts. Yeah, zippers on Levi's don't do us a lot of good! Hey Lx-kid, you did good. Mucho Congrads :please:

You made some very goods points for us lefties! I do have one solution for the jockey shorts though! I turn mine inside out and it works well for lefties! "Need is the mother of invention." LoL

I 'm also left handed....turned unit around so headphone wire comes out the back can see lights better
Dan.....good luck hunting

boxofchocolates said:
I 'm also left handed....turned unit around so headphone wire comes out the back can see lights better
Dan.....good luck hunting

That's what I was doing also at first. I just did'nt like the coil wire and headphone wire coming out the back. Also if wanting to retune or go to pinpointing would have to reach around back also. Now my thumb does the job. Thanks

LX Kid. Did you replace the coil yourself? If so how did you do it. Thanks for any info you can give me on you coil switch mod. Don

Hey LX Kid, are you still around? Old thread but I have some questions on your mod. I just picked up a BHID and want to do this too.

lot of detectors have the headphone jack on the right hand side so yes I do understand how lefties feel and wonder why there are not more complaints from lefties cause I know it annoys the :ranting: out of me...

why cant company's make left & right handed modals just one of my pet :rage:

hope you can find out what need for the mods sorry I cant help..

AJ