Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunter ID latch problem

Moe (FL)

I was setting up my brand new BHID tonight and when I tried to open the battery compartment one of the pins holding the latch fell off. I couldn't believe my luck since the machine was purchased 2 days ago. The latch mechanism looks weak in my opinion. Has this happened to anyone? Is this a rare thing?

I am afraid that the whole latch may come off if not fixed (replaced). The pins are welded (4 pins).

HH
Moe

No, but I am very careful with all my detectors. this is definitely not right! you have to pull the latch to release the door.

HH.

They use the same latches/clips. One of them when closed was out of kilter. I squeezed it gently with Channel Locks and it seated and has worked fine since.
I'm sure if you call White's they will probably send you a replacement part or have you ship it, your option.

#1, Should have set up and tested your machine and trained you how to use it before you left the dealers store. That's what we do.

#2, Your local dealer is authorized to take that unit back and give you a new one that has no problems within the fist two weeks. After two weeks, send it to a service center or to White's.

If you bought over the Internet, you complicate easy, quick, and inexpensive return / replacements for yourself. JMHO.

Thanks to all!

Contacted the dealer this morning and a free replacement is on the way. That's good service!

I am anxious to take this machine to the beach especially after seeing all the goodies others are finding!

Happy Hunting!
Moe

really like White's SUPER SERVICE!!!!! Also, you're really going to like the Beach Hunter ID and I wouldn't trade mine for anything!!! This machine is so sensitive to small items and has really good depth. The one great thing people forget with this machine is that in "all metal" (best way to detect at beach) the target lights will still show you what type of target it is. This is a HUGE advantage in that you get the "all metal super depth" (won't miss small gold) but still have visual indicators to let you know if it's iron, trash or coins and silver. Anyway, I hope YOU FIND your treasure chest full of GOLD!!! HH