Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunter...have a question for ya about winds and surf.

newtohunting

Beach Hunter,

I was trying to learn the wind patterns and how they affect the coast. I realize the coast is pretty much an east direction but as you go south the beaches obviously curves facing a northerly direction. What winds are we looking for up north at Hampton and Salisbury. I understand some winds may have even a hard impact not so much based on direction but what are we mainly looking for. I would appreciate some feedback. I notices this last breeze of a storm threw some west as well as easterly winds and then they became a southerly to south easterly flow. Dont think it did much at all from what Cubfan64 and I expected. Thanks for the feedback from everyone as well.

YOU GET A STORM WITH HIGH WAVES OVER 2 OR MORE TIDES WITH HIGH WINDS OUT OF THE NORTH EAST AT 35MPH +++ 40-50 IS BEST.MOST OF ALL YOU MUST LEARN TO READ THE BEACH,KNOW WHERE TO LOOK..SOME TIMES IT WASHES OUT FOR NO REASON AT ALL..ITS JUST KIND OF CALCULATED LUCK.PICK ONE OR TWO SPOTS AND WATCH THEM THIS WINTER!! THAT IS WHERE YOUR ANSWERS ARE!! NO AMOUNT OF QUESTIONS WILL GIVE YOU THAT KNOWLEDGE!!!IT TOOK ME YEARS OF GOING OUT GETTING SKUNKED!!BEFORE I GOT TO THE PIONT I'M AT NOW..GET OUT THERE AND PUT IN THE TIME THE LOOT WILL COME..:detecting::whites::thumbup:

before during and after this next full moon!!these are the highest high tides of the winter...plus the biggest negative tides for a while!! some times just the full or new moon tides improve the hunting greatly!! this time of the month is a great time to learn!!GET OUT THERE!!TAKE NOTE OF WHERE THE SAND IS AT NOW!! Maybe you too will get some silver in your pouch!! I have gotten silver almost all of my last 5 hunts,its always there if you read the beach right.I have got almost 30 silver coins in the month of Oct. Indian head pennys,V-nickles, bunch of Buffalo's too!! All those times of getting skunked are now paying off,It just takes time!!

Beahc Hunter, i really appreciate your great help. I am learning very much from your help. I agree, need to swing the coil more and more and more. I agree, learn the beach and my detector. I will get out there as much as possible with these next few negative low tides.

Thanks again for your great help, much much appreciated.

Gary