Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach hunt Sat down today!!!! 1888 or 1883???

Mark kus

This is the same beach I’ve pulled quite a few old coins including a 1776 2 reale today was a super low moon tide and I pulled 3 wheats and some clad then my one good silver 1888 or 1883 not sure but it’s my second seated dime I have more seated quarters than dimes!
So I was happy another 8 mile hike but this beach keeps giving looks like not to many people detecting because of the cold this is my beach time of year!
I used beach 2 5 recovery 0 iron sensitivity 21.
I’m up to 210 silvers for this year it’s not over yet!!
Merry Christmas everyone happy New year!
HH
Mark

Very nice! 8 miles thats a hike too.

With 0 recovery how slow do you swing the coil? Will have to try that

Congrats

Sorry that’s 5 recovery

Well at least your out there!!! Congrats on the silver! I scouted out 3 spots for this weekend suppose to be close to 50 here. Which will feel like a heat wave!!!!

Mike K "Ohio"

Great to hear Mike I’m going to another beach tomorrow some spots on this beach were hard I always use a shovel on the beach to much gravel here in Ct good luck I hunt all winter it was 20 out with a steady 10-15 knot wind no gloves!!!
Mark

Congratulations, very nice finds. living in South Texas we sometimes get spoiled. Most people here think 50 and 60 are the temperatures that freezes water to ice.
Lucky me not too may on the beach, only saw one other hunter on live cam but he wouldn't get close to the water. Hope it stays this way trying to go tomorrow to hunt.
Hope you post more finds.

Thanks guys yeah no one on these beaches only saw two guys with Ace 300’s who found nothing this past summer as they walked away I picked up a surface SLQ they walked right by!!!!
Mark

I'm going with 1888 lol Regardless it was a good hunt Mark. The fork with 3 tines looks old as well!
HH Jeff

laplander said:
I'm going with 1888 lol Regardless it was a good hunt Mark. The fork with 3 tines looks old as well!
HH Jeff
Thanks Jeff looks like a oyster fork lol the seated took on the color of the red sand where it was found the equinox performed flawlessly in the highly mineralized sand..
Mark

Merry Christmas!

Nice finds congratulations! I love the coin and the old beach tag.

8 miles to the beach - you should join the metal detecting triathlon! You would win!

Tny

BigTony said:
Merry Christmas!

Nice finds congratulations! I love the coin and the old beach tag.

8 miles to the beach - you should join the metal detecting triathlon! You would win!

Tny
Thanks Tony it’s a hike today I went back out got a 1939 mercury and a 1947 Rosie .
Merry Christmas!
Mark

John said:
Salt water beach?
Yes mostly all I hunt in the winter here in Ct got two dimes yesterday
Mark