Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach hunt in Greenwich Ct some silver and run in with park ranger!

Mark kus

We had planned this hunt for February but pastor Randy was sick so I had a vacation day yesterday and we made plans to beach hunt all day
A lot of clad quarters and dimes One silver 1953 Washington as I went over it a nice 31 crystal clear high tone.
Also dug a sterling ring and medallion about $8.00 in clad for me about. The same for Randy.
Settings beach 1 recovery 4-5 iron 1 5 tones..
Then I had a second run in with the park Ranger who must have it out for detecting he said to us you have to be below high tide and I stated no signs stated that and local police
Said we could detect here! And furthermore dogs are supposed to be onl a leash!
There were lots of dogs running digging all over the place so stop harassing us!
He said I’m calling the cops I said your not doing your job and allowing dogs to run unleashed all over the beach which states you will be fined!
So I called the first selectman and they put me through to parks and I let her know about the dogs and she stated that was the police issue!!! What’s the point of having a park ranger and his side kick Tonto sitting in the truck with him and not enforce the rules!?
Well she was glad I called and did my due diligence .ive heard he’s this way with fishing and clammers but does absolutely nothing to enforce the rules posted at the parks entrance.
HH Mark

As a rule, I no longer fuss with them since I was informed that some of them have to work in order to get benefits from the government.
Special cases I guess. word to the wise , let them be the boss and move on to another place.
The same folks don’t always work every day

We had the same response from a ranger on an inland lake drain down at a public beach. He asked us to leave we responded we had called and had permission at which he reached down and removed the safety strap on his Glock pistol holster. With 9mm to none odds the conversation dwindled quickly :shrug: Like Tony said move along.
Nice finds Mark!!
Jeff

Well I stand by what the local police told me they said we could detect the beach so this guy was just a bully plain and simple he had no sidearm but completely refused to enforce the leash law?!
What the point of the position he holds? we picked up garbage and filled all our holes and holes dug by dogs..
My pastor defused the guy and told him we would leave which we did but I was pissed and a phone call ensued to first selectman with a complaint filed ...

After further inspection I see a date under feet 1830..

I found a few of those over the years but could not find the any significance of the date.
I was told it had to do with a religious event but I stopped researching it.

If you find one let me know.

Tony

I'm with you Mkus, to many people let these bums push them around and make there own rules up as they go. If I know I'm within my rights they will have to arrest me, and then we'll see who wins in court. After all this is new England, folks up here started the American dream, funny how now this is one of the most heavily taxedbareas in these great United States. Just a thought....

Nice finds... who has jurisdiction here,I’m confused... I have a lake I hunt that doesn’t want you to hunt deeper than waist deep..I just keep one peeled out looking for his arrival..when I see him I mosey into the shallow water then wait till 15 minutes after he leaves and go back to the deep water..they can’t watch you forever... those Virgin Mary pendants all have 1830 on them,not exactly sure why...cool finds...

The 1830 was the year an event happened and a nun saw a being in a wooded area I actually saw a story that XP Deus did and talked about in Deus news..
Well this guy should have said something to the dog owners for not leashing their dogs I’m a dog owner and I’d never go to the beach with my dogs off leash.
So he just saw us two and because it was only two of us he decided to try to be a tough guy we’ll i did not back down to his tactics and called him out on the posted leash law..
Park has no written rules about detecting on entrance but it does for dogs and all other prohibited activities..

yes, and I am sick and tired of being hassled when detecting by dogs in parks and beaches not on a lead and not under the owners "control"
they seem to think my detector is something to attack or they come around behind me and snap at my heels.

Terra1959 said:
yes, and I am sick and tired of being hassled when detecting by dogs in parks and beaches not on a lead and not under the owners "control"
they seem to think my detector is something to attack or they come around behind me and snap at my heels.
Yep exactly why there is a leash law which is not enforced by the “park ranger” you go to Yellowstone park And you better follow the rules there

Yes there ARE bad guys with guns.
Officials that have no training and think they are gods.

Sadly some people when given a little power turn into little Hitlers. Best to move on or be willing
to become a test case. Going to the "boss" usually wont work. They will back up the jerk even if
they KNOW you are right. So if you want a test case talk to every department involved & the town
fathers & get names. Ask to see the laws. THEN get arrested. The judge will probably get PO
at the PD & throw it out.

As for dogs its NOT the holes. Its walking the beach bare foot & feeling a steaming pile of dog doot
ooze up between your toes. Ad to that a crazy fear of dogs ( like guns ) that younguns have
today.

HH
Tom NH
LFOD !

A few years ago I was hunting in a lake in the Adirondack Park, in NYS. I had already found a gold ring so the hunt was on! I heard a whistle and a DEC officer was on the beach motioning me into shore. (This was in October, a light snow was falling and no one else was around.) He asked what I was doing and how deep I was digging. I told him, looking for coins and also said only about 6 inches. He said I could not do that here and then started lecturing me about removing Indian Artifacts !!?? Normally I would have said ok but with gold in pocket I was a little reluctant to leave. I showed him all the trash I had recovered and even explained that the lead sinkers I had found could be harmful to the ducks. I also told him that I had been doing this for years and had spoken with, and had the OK from many police officers and town supervisors. With that he replied. " Well, I don't want to be the first to tell you, you can't do that, so go ahead. But if you find any Indian Artifacts you have to turn them in." I think he just wanted to puff his chest at me so off he went and I continued my hunt.