Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach hunt encrusted silver..

Mark kus

Well with the ground frozen here in Ct So with the super low tides it makes for great untapped hunting yesterday a friend and I hunted the beaches exposed flats he had a nice sterling band right away then I got a low tone about 10” down wow sounds like gold it is a small ring gold in color so I’ll have to test it..
Then a small skeleton key it’s brass.
I was hunting near a old exposed rock jetty and had two high tones turned out to be two encrusted silvers a 1946 Rosie and a 1942 Washington not bad and a few sinkers and a couple bucks in clad cant let the frozen ground put a damper on hunting!
HH

Looks like a fantastic hunt to me. It's nice you got a date off of the silvers. The last silver I dug at the beach, I could never get cleaned up but I could see it was a mercury.

The crusty material I used the back of a spoon to tap it and it flakes off usually I know it’s silver because of the crust it comes off easy with a quick smack

Great hunt!

Thanks guys it was all I had to hunt ground here in Ct is frozen and now that there is a super moon closest to the earth right now brings super low tides
Great hunting on the beaches we can walk way out wear the swimmers swim ...