Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach for all, Give room!

Sandtick

Had an interesting morning at the beach today.

Got out there just a little past 6:00am and there was one other detectorist out and about. You could tell he was a "newbe" by the way he was trying to ground balance his AT Pro and the fact that his scoop was an empty soda cup. Anyway he was up on the beach close to his car and I decided to head towards the water and detect the wateredge for a while.

As I started down the beach so did he and we both got to waterline at the same time. I decided to head towards him and maybe strike up a conversation but once I got close he aburbly turned and headed back up the beach a litlle ways. I thought to myself "He doesn't want to talk" and continued detecting on the north side of the beach. Well he kept wondering around the beach detecting for another 1/2 hour but never came by me.

He then headed towards the parking lot and walked slowly around my car. He then gets back on the beach and starts detecting again. Now I'm alert and constantly looking in his directing. Next thing I noticed is him getting in his car and driving it up to mine. He gets out and puts this little note under my wiper and drives away. For the next 15 minutes he makes problably three passes by the beach but doesn't stop.

I started thinking that I must have came off as a real jerk to this guy. I was so focus on getting out and detecting. I should have waited a few minutes to see where he was going first or simply walked up to him and started a conversation. Hopefully he isn't to discourage and doesn't get upset next time there are 5 or 6 of us detecting.

Oh well...... here are my finds from the morning.

Have a good day all!

Well, if you get to see this detecting-newbe-dude again...just go to him and start a nice conversation and tell him you didn't mean to seem that way of moving into his territory and that if he is new at :detecting: you would like to help him providing he would like for you to do so, then maybe ya both can become good :twodetecting: buddies! He was probably nervous about where he could hunt if he was new at it! I know I was during the first times I was going places to detect and didn't know where I could or could not detect! Congrats on the finds and May God Bless you and him to find the goodies and have a great time doing it! :unsure: :thumbup: :angel: Ma

My guess is he may have been deaf. Nice digs

Yah Did Good, Pete. Glad you could get out. I'm hoping to one of these days but, when I do, I'll be taking my detector on the city bus. That alone should start some conversations :)

Nice finds. I haven't got to go detecting for about two months now.

Nice hunting Pete! Too bad that guy didnt get to know you a little, he would have become a better person if he had!:clapping: Yeah! Just wait until he shows up when the beach is full of 20 other guys, and gridded out like a checkerboard! He better run some copies of his little note to pass out to everybody! Big cuts today here! Just a bit away from you, I will exercise some discretion on an open forum, but...you know about where!

By the way, theres a massive cut forming I can see on the webcam at your spot...a fellow should wader up and get in there tomorrow am?
Mud

A local MD shop opened up last year and it seems like everyone and his momma has purchased a Whites :) Fortunately, there's 7 miles of beach here but the newbies tend to get too close (which of course makes my Fisher go whacky). When I do want to talk to someone, I simply take my headphones off and turn off my machine as I walk toward them. Most people see that as an "invitation" to stop and chit chat. Your guy just misunderstood your intentions :)

Thanks for everyone's input. Joe G - great advise about removing your headphones first. I never do that until I'm right up on the person.

Your too funny Mud - I can see him at Staples right now getting copies.

Thanks Travis! Hope you can get out soon. Are you just too busy or the weather not cooperating?

Thanks Martin! Sometime when you feel like getting out just give meet a shout, I can pick you up!

Mike, you might be right, he wasn't using headphones. I'm keeping an eye out for him.

Ma, if I see him again I plan to go up to him an apologize and see what happens.

Thanks Warthog - Yes, I was surely digging more then him for sure. You been out yet?

When out detecting or doing most any hobby, a person can find some wierd or strange people out there, for this world has all kinds! But most I've met and talked to were nice and interested in what I was doing and what I found that was most valuable or interesting! Be nice and others usually are nice also! Many of the deaf can hunt now by special detectors and that is good! :thumbup: :angel: Ma

Neither does Ma's back, hips and legs....Osteoarthritis is bad when aching all over the body....which I am now as it is rainy and humid weather where I am in S.E. MO! :sad: :angel: Ma