Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Detecting in California.

ScouseRicey1

Hi,

I don't know how many beaches there are in California, but has anyone on here, done any beach detecting in California? If so, was it any good?

Kind Regards,

Colin

I have tried the beaches around Pismo. Found a few coins and a lot of marshmallow cookers ie. wire coat hangers. Some of the beaches in southern CA I think would be better. The college age kids have numerous beach parties every weekend. Good weather all year.

I live and hunt on Monterey Bay which is in Northern California. We do quite well on our beaches as far as clad goes, also with rings. There are folks who have been doing this allot longer than me who find Spanish Reales and other older stuff as well.

There's a LOT of beach here in So Cal. Trouble is a lot of competition. But in spite of that I (as a newbie) still do not too badly. My BH 3300 found me a dozen rings during the summer months (2 gold 7 silver + a few junk). My summer hunting was 60 minutes after supper while the wife walked the beach for her health. I'd average $1 to 3 clad daily with a ring about 3 times a month and miscellaneous silver/gold jewelry 4 to 5 times a month. My bum knee (Baker's Cyst) has improved amazingly from the activity. Swinging a Fisher F4 now and trying to learn it.

BUT what I discovered is even MORE enjoyable is doing some research. I found an ancient mid 1800's port right here 3 miles from home! And some creative hunting has found me my first silver coin..only a '52 Roosevelt..but a start.

So..my point being the beach is nice and fun BUT there's a much BIGGER world out there..even close to home.

HH Joe

Joe:

Were the rings at waters edge, or on solid beach area, or did you wade out some for the rings ?????

I live about 20 Minutes from Laguna Beach, Ca. I go where the beach crowds play on weekends and I detect early Monday mornings at "sun-up". The beach has been good to me. Many good rings through the years and one buried treasure of fine Sterling silver I started in 1977 with a Fisher VLF 441. I'm now using a home made P.I. Hammerhead , Ala Carl Moreland. I also have a Goldbug 2 which yielded me a 1/4 Oz gold nugget in 1995 at Summit Diggin's near Hwy 395 (Randsburg Area).
Happy Hunting to all. It's out there and great exercise !