Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Chatter

xQuestx

I took the Deus to the beach for the first time, I was getting a lot of chatter I tried turning down the sensitivity tried tx 1 also didn't seem to help much, I wasn't getting as much depth as I thought I would with the 13x11 maybe 6-7 inches in the wet sand, I was in the wet beach mode ground balance 27 couldn't get pumping to work kept failing. just wondering if someone has suggestions for settings? thanks

What were the conditions at the beach; i.e., black sand, iron, etc.?

Where were you trying the PUMPING ground balancing? In the wet sand region? Were there waves wetting the sand or were you higher up?

If you can provide some additonal details we can see if there are better settings to try

Andy Sabisch

It was low tide, so it was still kinda wet not much black sand it's a lighter looking sand with small shell fragments , I don't think there much iron in it besides large chunks here and there. I tried pumping it for ground balance in the wet sand it was failing. I run the ctx there no problem, so I'm sure its something I'm doing wrong. thanks for taking the time and helping.

Just live with the little chatty nuance. A target will sound off good through all of the chatty. Honestly I would go with 12 khz, that will solve most of it. You will more than likely need to run in say basic 1 and dial the ground balance down to say 20 instead of 30, maybe even a tad lower. It will reach down and touch deep then. Remember you can adjust it to suit every condition imaginable. Black sand is not a problem with this machine when adjusted right.

Okay thanks, I went back today it seems there is lots of little pieces of aluminium and coal throughout the beach, also when I go into 4khz its making a buzzing noise all the time maybe interference? any suggestions for this type of beach? when I got the pumping ground balance to work it said 2 for ground balance, I'm brand new to the deus, so I'm getting fooled by iron guess I need to listen for that slight iron buzz.