Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Be VERY careful Fred!!:look:

Royal

[attachment 74413 motorcycle.jpg]

I do not understand how someone on a motorcycle would drive that fast on a public road...just does not make sense. There seems to be an epidemic of motorcycle deaths down here, one per week. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

a friend of his that was driving down Woodward Ave, which is the first paved highway in the USA, at over 140 MPH one night. The fool was bragging to me about it. I told him that I hoped his buddy got killed on that motorcycle before he killed some innocent person.

The kid thought I was a meanie for saying such a thing but I didn't really give a good rip. I was being honest with that dang fool.

The cops ought to be able to tazer that fool. Lots of times :thumbup:

n/t

seems to be young people on the rice rockets, doing 100 MPH plus taking a lot of chances. I've had them pass my wife and I on the back wheel riding the yellow line while another car is coming the other way, and thats 3 or 4 in a group. No wonder they get wasted.
The other side, is just as many irresponsible car drivers driving drunk do the same thing. Once again, no one excepts be responsible.
ON the older guys riding the big V-twins or cruisers bikes, its a car that just ignores the bike and rider and puts them both in danger quite often. Few older riders take chances that I've seen. Most are just happy to have made it this far and hanging on to whats left of their youth.
Most have 10,000 lights on the bike to be more visible and ride in the survival mode. I know I do, and I bet Fred does also. I usually expect every car I see to pull out in front of me or open a door in traffic, which is why I avoid traffic as much as I can. I would not want to count the amount of people I have know who got killed on them over the years, but also off hand I think all of them were drinking or raising hell and their luck ran out. My bike is bright red for a reason with lots of lights. Then there is x factors like deer. They get a lot of riders here as we ride back roads and they just blast out in front of you, or worst yet, leap in your lap. Deer are my big concern coming to my place here. Lots of them. Check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn8LnjqjgHo

George-CT

can you imagine a sparrow hitting you in the face when you are driving 50 mph? I had a dang junebug hit me in the eye while I was riding my scooter and if I had not had my sunglasses on I could easily have lost an eye or at the least ran off the road.

Bike riders have to realize that they are hard to see. Assume the other guy does not see you. I don't know of anyone that would want to hurt a person on a bike on purpose but they are hard to see and some of the young are just morons. Many doctors call the young on their crotch rockets organ doners.

came from guys who had gotten a lap dance from a deer. Soon as they got home they sold the bikes. One a Yamaha Venture 1200 I bought for $1000, that was 8 months old. He just wanted it gone and I was there as he was pushing it out to the side of the road. Road it for 3 years myself and the other was a Goldwing Honda. I bought it right and sold it for a profit that I could not refuse, fact that was the only reason I sold it, offer was to good to refuse. Sure glad their are no moose around here. I can't imagine hitting one of them. Thing would crush ya.

Geo

Fact its was 1965, Spring, and I was riding my BSA 500 Rocket to work. All of a sudden I felt this pain in my chest and looked down and a bird was hanging there with its beak stuck in my chest. It only went in a inch of or so, but with no reverse, he was kinda stuck. Broke its neck anyhow so that was all she wrote for the bird. I got to work and a nurse there doctored it up and that was that. Imagine if that hit you in the eye of throat. Good thing it was not Florida and not a giant Ibis or Blue Heron. Heck, with my luck back then it could of been a Pterodactylus.

George-Ct