Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery replacement for Excalibur II

mrcolin2u

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a battery pack for an excal 2 ?
This is for a back up battery , I already have the housing , my old battery died so I’m looking for an aftermarket solution.
I still have my oem pack that still works but I need a back up too.
I tried calling maxxpacks but they haven’t responded yet and the ones for sale on Amazon have iffy reviews .
I don’t want to pay $175 for another oem battery that’s why I’m going this route .
Cheers
Colin

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a battery pack for an excal 2 ?
This is for a back up battery , I already have the housing , my old battery died so I’m looking for an aftermarket solution.
I still have my oem pack that still works but I need a back up too.
I tried calling maxxpacks but they haven’t responded yet and the ones for sale on Amazon have iffy reviews .
I don’t want to pay $175 for another oem battery that’s why I’m going this route .
Cheers
Colin
If you don't hear back from maxxpacks, try nextbatteries ... they have a 1400 mAh Ni-MH pack for the Excalibur listed for $43.50 ... I didn't go far enough in the web page to find shipping though.

If you don't hear back from maxxpacks, try nextbatteries ... they have a 1400 mAh Ni-MH pack for the Excalibur listed for $43.50 ... I didn't go far enough in the web page to find shipping though.
They look like the ones on Amazon that have poor quality reviews.

They look like the ones on Amazon that have poor quality reviews.
I got one about four years ago and it is holding up well. I got one from Maxxpacks for one of my other excals about 8 years ago and it is still going too but Maxxpacks were out when I ordered from nextbatteries.

I got one about four years ago and it is holding up well. I got one from Maxxpacks for one of my other excals about 8 years ago and it is still going too but Maxxpacks were out when I ordered from nextbatteries.
Thanks for the input , the ones on Amazon are made in China and that concerns me . The battery that recently died I can’t remember where I got it , my original battery pack is still working after many years .

Reactions: tvr
Thanks for the input , the ones on Amazon are made in China and that concerns me . The battery that recently died I can’t remember where I got it , my original battery pack is still working after many years .
I'm seeing this at maxxpacks. Would need the correct charger for them. They advertise that their CH710 charger works but when I go to the CH710 charger it says for Ni-MH / NiCad.

I'm seeing this at maxxpacks. Would need the correct charger for them. They advertise that their CH710 charger works but when I go to the CH710 charger it says for Ni-MH / NiCad.

I noticed the same thing

Same battery and design of battery pack I make for myself only. This charger works..

12.6V Charger, Output 2A Cordless Power Tool Battery Electronic Screwdriver Drill 11.1V 10.8V CCCV 3S Li-ion charger​

Batteries I made, going to do a video this winter.

449231236_1155375252392569_3055470422940756581_n.jpg
7K.jpg
SNAG-0001.jpg

Reactions: tvr
eBay has a guy in Ukraine selling yellow ones that are lithium ion. See if those are in your price range they come with a charger.

Hey, I went through all this a while ago trying multiple rc battery packs and building packs....but for ease and simplicity, I bought one of the batteries that is sold on ebay from Anton. They do come from the Ukraine, but ive 3 purchases from him over the years, and nothing has taken over a week to arrive.

Ive gotten 35 hours on a charge with his batteries and the unit was still working fine before i just charged it again. His kits come with a charge that has an auto off feature so you dont have to police the charger like the oem for risk of overcharging.

Attachments

• IMG_2108.jpg
    IMG_2108.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
Hey, I went through all this a while ago trying multiple rc battery packs and building packs....but for ease and simplicity, I bought one of the batteries that is sold on ebay from Anton. They do come from the Ukraine, but ive 3 purchases from him over the years, and nothing has taken over a week to arrive.

Ive gotten 35 hours on a charge with his batteries and the unit was still working fine before i just charged it again. His kits come with a charge that has an auto off feature so you dont have to police the charger like the oem for risk of overcharging.
I found a temporary solution , I’m definitely not buying any battery packs from china.
There’s something else I have in mind that I think will work really well.
Cheers
Colin

I found a temporary solution , I’m definitely not buying any battery packs from china.
There’s something else I have in mind that I think will work really well.
Cheers
Colin

I was scared of those cheap ones on ebay or amazon and am way happier with this. Plus I upgraded my plug, removed that huge stock connector and slimmed down everything. Was a big upgrade. I'm actually buying 2 more.

What temporary solution have you come up with ?

Last edited:
I was scared of those cheap ones on ebay or amazon and am way happier with this. Plus I upgraded my plug, removed that huge stock connector and slimmed down everything. Was a big upgrade. I'm actually buying 2 more.

What temporary solution have you come up with ?
I got a battery holder for 8 AA cells. Puts out 12v and fits perfectly in the waterproof case.
Just keeping for emergency if my OEM dies while I’m here on vacation.
I plan to try some rechargeable lithium batteries in the future.