Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BATTERY QUESTION PLEASE

candycane

What type of battery would give the best performance or what type are people using in their machines...Brandy

Candycane,
Standard Duracell 9 volt,
I buy them in WA( West Australia for $2-90 each in packs of 12, use them in the Vaq, Cheep as chips,

Holey Dollar

If not using a rechargeable - I have heard nothing but good things on the Oxyrides.
I also know one gal who won't use anything else at the moment for her machine.

Thanks for the info on the Oxyrides, not sure if you can get them in WA (West Australia) yet,
The Panasonic super Heavy duty that came with the Vaq can not get in WA,
Will try and find the Oxyrides, what do you pay for them in the USA ??

Thanks
Dave/ Holey Dollar

I use whatever namebrand might be on sale in a big pack from a high turnover store.
Seems I end up with duracells more often than not.
As a headphone user, I don't really go through many batteries...

I've had good luck with name brand alkalines. Usually buy the Ray O Vac as they are priced a bit better at the local Wally World and they've given me good service. I use headphones exclusively and battery life generally hasn't been a problem with any of my machines, so I haven't fooled with rechargeables. Actually, if battery life gets to be a problem for me, I welcome it - I'll be thrilled because it will mean I've been able to do a LOT of detecting.
HH
BB

I've never been big on recharge ables but I have to say I like the powerex 9.6v really well. Ray o vacs give 6 beeps when new in my Vaquero. A recharged powerex gives 9, and it doesn't run down setting on the shelf. They're kinda pricey about 10 bucks and you need a charger. But I like them, I carry a spare alkaline for backup.

Somewhere on the boards is a cost comparison between discounted name brand alkalines and rechargeables that takes into consideration voltage drop, time in field, and total life. Also cost of charger.

Alkalines came up MUCH more economical.