Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery indicator lied !!!!!

Donna(NJ

Was going to download new software but was having a hard time locating it on the web site. Since there was a Minelab dealer not too far, I decided to call
and see if they had the battery. Sure enough, YES, for $30. SHAME on Minelab for charging $69 plus your postage for shipping !!!! Took all of 1 minute to swap out battery.
Make sure you have silicone grease before hand. Fully charged battery, pushed button and heard those sweet tones.

If you are out of warranty and your machine is on the fritz, the old adage , 'change the battery first' may just solve your problem.

Thanks to all who helped with possible solutions.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Glad you have it up and running! As much as I like my Equinox 600,I may have a second thought about buying another Minelab product due to their horrible customer service and price gouging as you experienced. Are you listening Minelab????

Glad you have it up and running! As much as I like my Equinox 600,I may have a second thought about buying another Minelab product due to their horrible customer service and price gouging as you experienced. Are you listening Minelab????
When you hunt the beach ALL the time....You can usually recoup your investment quickly. Found a 9.6g 18k bracelet a few weeks ago. Scrap value at the time was over $400. So the new/used machine is almost paid for.

When you hunt in salt water environment, (I dont submerge the machine), eventually the salt air will infiltrate your machine and there will be problems. You dont want to see the bottom of my car !!!
I had to replace the oil pan, heating pipes and now the shock absorbers do to rot !!! Its just a fact of life when you live by the ocean,

HH
Donna

Attachments

• IMG_2291.jpg
    IMG_2291.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 81
Was going to download new software but was having a hard time locating it on the web site. Since there was a Minelab dealer not too far, I decided to call
and see if they had the battery. Sure enough, YES, for $30. SHAME on Minelab for charging $69 plus your postage for shipping !!!! Took all of 1 minute to swap out battery.
Make sure you have silicone grease before hand. Fully charged battery, pushed button and heard those sweet tones.

If you are out of warranty and your machine is on the fritz, the old adage , 'change the battery first' may just solve your problem.

Thanks to all who helped with possible solutions.

HH
Donna(NJ)
That’s terrific, very happy for you!
best of luck, now get out there!
Tony

When you hunt the beach ALL the time....You can usually recoup your investment quickly. Found a 9.6g 18k bracelet a few weeks ago. Scrap value at the time was over $400. So the new/used machine is almost paid for.

When you hunt in salt water environment, (I dont submerge the machine), eventually the salt air will infiltrate your machine and there will be problems. You dont want to see the bottom of my car !!!
I had to replace the oil pan, heating pipes and now the shock absorbers do to rot !!! Its just a fact of life when you live by the ocean,

HH
Donna
Terrific find, congratulation!
Tony

Maybe this has something to do with your ghost:

"Battery experts suggest that after 30 charges, you should allow lithium-ion batteries to almost completely discharge. Continuous partial discharges create a condition called digital memory, decreasing the accuracy of the device's power gauge. So let the battery discharge to the cut-off point and then recharge. The power gauge will be recalibrated."

Seems odd that the external battery pack didn't work though.
Years ago, I had a dead car battery. We tried to jump start but N/G. Friend of mine told me you cant jump start through a dead battery. Since the old battery was connected, it must have cause some interference with the external battery.

Weird but the machine is up and running like new.

HH
Donna

Maybe this has something to do with your ghost:

"Battery experts suggest that after 30 charges, you should allow lithium-ion batteries to almost completely discharge. Continuous partial discharges create a condition called digital memory, decreasing the accuracy of the device's power gauge. So let the battery discharge to the cut-off point and then recharge. The power gauge will be recalibrated."
Interesting. I thought the new Lithium batteries were not suppose to have memory like the old Ni-Cad's. Ive run the battery down on several occasions. 3 yrs 6 months one one battery was pretty good I guess. I read one guy only got 2 yrs. Even Deus doesnt guarantee battery for more than 2 years. At less than $10 a year, I dont think I could run a machine on regular alkaline batteries that cheap. However, I will keep it in mind about running them down every now and then.

Thanks for input.

HH
Donna

Interesting. I thought the new Lithium batteries were not suppose to have memory like the old Ni-Cad's. Ive run the battery down on several occasions. 3 yrs 6 months one one battery was pretty good I guess. I read one guy only got 2 yrs. Even Deus doesnt guarantee battery for more than 2 years. At less than $10 a year, I dont think I could run a machine on regular alkaline batteries that cheap. However, I will keep it in mind about running them down every now and then.

Thanks for input.

HH
Donna
It was news to me also. I haven't ran either of my Nox batteries lower than 2 bars so far. A lot of advice seems to be to not run them flat also, so I keep adding a charge soon after seeing two bars. I use a "battery doctor" gizmo along with a power bank which shows the current being supplied, and I will pull it once seeing the current being headed down from the peak. That's surely overkill but it makes me feel better.

You getting 3ys 6 months is a testament though to just not stress, and keep using it the same way. ;-)

Glad this story had a happy ending.. unfortunately they have to price gouge to stay in business..if they give you a fair deal like Whites or Tesoro they will go under.. I’ve recently experienced a dead car battery after a quick stop on my way home from work..I swore it was something more serious cause it caused all my dash lights to chatter and wouldn’t even click the starter..it gave me no warning..I phone my mechanic and said change the batty and call me after that if it still don’t start. New battery took care of it..

Glad this story had a happy ending.. unfortunately they have to price gouge to stay in business..if they give you a fair deal like Whites or Tesoro they will go under.. I’ve recently experienced a dead car battery after a quick stop on my way home from work..I swore it was something more serious cause it caused all my dash lights to chatter and wouldn’t even click the starter..it gave me no warning..I phone my mechanic and said change the batty and call me after that if it still don’t start. New battery took care of it..
I experienced the exact same thing a few years ago….no warning and all my lights on the dash came on…. Houston, we have a problem…:rofl:

With the newer cars the batteries dont give any warning like the old days. You could hear the starter struggling. now they just drop dead !!!