Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Batteries

BILLinOK

Hi everyone. I haven't been on the forum in a year or 2. Just got another GTI 2500. Made the mistake of selling my other one a while back and just had to have another one.
I was wondering what types of rechargable batteries are you finding that work the best. I've noticed there are alot of high Mah batteries out there. Are you using nicad, nimh, lithium?

Most now are using the NiMh cells sold for digicams. Whatever you do, Get a charger that is rated for them as they have different characteristcs from the older NiCads.
Foremost is the inability of these cells to withstand constant charging. It will degrade them quickly. They have to reach charge and then be removed from the charger/from the power. I use a timer to accomplish that.

Welcome back. Im hoping to get a 2500/2000 after the holidays myself.

In fact, I just threw away 12 AA's that I have been using for over 2 years. They had 1500 mA/HR. The new ones I am using (just charged them up) are 2100 mA/HR. The rule of thumb is the greater the mA/HR, the longer they hold the charge. Bu...Nicads work too, and the lithium ones I don't know about.

[quote Uncle Willy]I use NiMH. They have some out now that last five times longer than an alkaline.

Bill[/quote]Same with me. They seem to last and last and..........