Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Batteries for X-Terra 70?

Corsairian

Howdy all. I'm wondering what type of batteries everyone uses in their X-Terra's? I searched for info here but didn't see anything regarding rechargeable batteries. I use either energizers or duracells in mine. Is that pretty much standard for everyone, or is there something better now? Just wondering. I kinda remember, from a long time ago, some postings regarding NOT using rechargeable batteries, but am not sure.

Cors

Energizers or duracells work fine for me and last a long time.
Most of the time I work with external speakers on too.

I have never had good luck with rechargeable batteries in general and have never used them in the XT-705.

Good Hunting

Denny

I haven't watched the video listed above being that the device that I am typing this on does not support Flash so it may contridict what i am about to write but this is my experience.

I have not had good luck with rechargeable batteries. I probably detect about 3 to 5 hours at a clip and I might get 3 trips out of 4 fully charged rechargabe batteries. I even purchased batteries with a high mAh rating.

I switched to Energizers and they last me a very long time. Nearly a month or so detecting a few times a week. I mostly hunt using the speaker and not headphones which should also be taken into consideration.

I only use Duracell Coppertop DX500NiMH 1.2V/2000 mAh batteries. HH TomB

I have some 2700mah and they last about as long as top end alkaline, for sure, in my Xterra. They are PowerEx from Batteries Plus. After about 3 or 4 recharges they had payed for themselves. Oh that doesn't count the charger, but I have other rechargeables now. I think they work great. I asked the store manager what were the best and he said the house brand were, at that time, getting better life and the "Name Brand" were having a much higher return rate. Sold Me. They were 32 bucks for the batts and charger.

There has been this same topic several times in various forums here. The end result is usually that more people who have used them, like them (by far) than those who do not like them.

$4.00 give or take, per set of 4 that is a buck a batt. I have recharged at least 10 times. There have been several times I have recharged 1x per week and many more 1x every 2nd to 3rd week. I was only working 3 days per week at the time, so I had time. Now that I have the Explorer my Xterra time has been cut about in half.

I just watched that vid and I believe it is aimed at the Explorer,Etrak and Sov . I have had no qualms with the battery level meter on the Xterra.

Speaking of recharging I had better go charge the Ex Se batteries.
Thanks for the reminder
Jeff

I use only Eneloop NiMH batteries from Sanyo these are some of the highest rated AA's on the planet Eneloop batteries

I use them in everything, especially high end flashes for my DSLR's, the last a VERY long time and can be recharged up to 1000 times... never had a problem with them in any device... They pay for themselves in a month or so...

I've owned a variety of Minelab detectors, as well as White's, Garrett's, Teknetics, Fisher, etc. and I've had good response from rechargeable batteries. Granted - the rechargeable are 'brand name' and of good quality but I haven't had any problem with them over the years vs. the standard alkaline batteries.

I buy a 30 pak of Rayovacs from Ace Hardware. $14.99 ($.50/battery)

I've been using the Rayovacs in my caving headlamp(s) for several years. Seems like they last as long or longer than Engergizers or Duracells....and the Rayovacs are cheaper.

I haven't tried any other brand of battery in my detector....but I'm getting around 40 hours of use with the headphones.

I buy a 48 battery value pack cheaper bulk Maxell alkalines at Wal Mart(also some people buy cheaper bulk Kirkland alkalines at Costco), but this issue was discussed before on another thread and Sanyo Eneloop rechargable batteries were voted by many as the best to use:
USA
http://us.sanyo.com/eneloop
Canada
http://en.ca.sanyo.com/eneloop-Rechargeable-Batteries