Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Batteries for Pioneer 101

ohmygato

Hello All,

I recently FOUND a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (don't ask). The manual very clearly states to only use Alkaline batteries. Has anyone used rechargeable batteries with this metal detector? Are there any real drawbacks to using them? Which 9V batteries do you like best for this machine?

Thanks,
Dan

Quote: Energizers or Duracell's

- I Agree don't mess with cheap batteries, re chargables may be OK but don't last long on a charge, always carry extra batteries with you when hunting!

A1MTD:canadaflag:

As with anything else, times change and so does technology. Battery technology has changed too. Now you can buy larger capacity rechargable 9 volt batteries that last longer in high drain devices such as metal detectors. Instead of the old NiCad technology, manufacturers now make NI-MH and lithium rechargable batteries. Starting at capacities of 150 mAh they go as high as 800 mAh. The 450 mAh and higher capacity ones are great for use in metal detectors. Just make sure they're true 9 volt (not 8.4 volt like the Eveready rechargables). I use 450 mAh 9 volt rechargable NI-MH batteries in my Pioneer 505. They last almost an entire day of metal detecting. With 2 sets of 2 of them you're good for a full day of detecting.