Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barber Found in City Park:detecting:

Dug

Hunted for a bit over an hour before work this morning in a small community park. It is an old park which is not used much anymore except by local high school students who gather there at lunch and after school. I've hunted it before with my Explorer II and also my SE, and usually find a little something; wheaties, Rosies, mercs, good luck medallions; but have never found a Barber until today.

The first find was the clad dime, which almost always look terrible even though they've been in the ground only a short while. This came from about 6 inches depth, though, and because it was registering deep I was very hopeful for silver.

Next I found the Barber. This registered quite deep with a good strong all around signal, pinpointed well, and gave readings of 12 - 45 or thereabouts. There are many old trees in Rice Park, and I had to fight many roots to get down to this dime. I was fortunate not to have scratched it; it's pretty worn as is. I don't believe I've had a smoother Barber dime. I had gone over this area before, probably more than once. I didn't have my SE with me today, so couldn't check to see if it would detect the coin. Also, I didn't have a probe, and that makes the hunt a little more challenging especially amongst a bunch of roots.

The wheat penny registered as deep as the Barber and only about two feet away from it. Same problem with the roots; a tough dig. After getting down about 8 inches, the signal was still in the hole. So I scooped out a bunch more dirt and then the signal in the hole was gone, but it was also not in the pile either. What happened I wondered. There was still some loose dirt in the bottom of the hole, so I scooped all that out. That's where the penny was. It had fallen out of a prior scoop and got too deep for the detector. I've never had that happen before. Or I don't think I have.

The E-trac is amazing. Good strong signals even with deep targets. And pulling coins out of previously hunted places. Thanks for looking.

Congrats on the Barber!!! And thanks for the lead on the park. I'll be there everyday after work for the next three months pounding it! :ninja:

No i was hoping you would edit yours. :beers:

Well, I did edit it. City parks are open to the public and I can't hide them no matter what city they're in. If someone can benefit by knowing there was a Barber dime in a certain city park, then I'm very glad for them. Thanks again for your concern, but it really doesn't concern me. Since you found it worrisome, I edited my post and comment. I found the Barber dime about smack dab in the center of the park; for those who might be interested and who might benefit from such knowledge.

Thanks again, EZRider

Doug

I miss the parks where I used to live...:nopity:

Keep diggin' em!:thumbup:

Nice job!