Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bad Rep on Explorers and Quattros T/F?

jkasta

I have been reading and researching on the FBS technology of the Minelab Explorers and Quattros. One thing that appears quite frequently is the complaint and sometimes this is quite loud about how slow both detectors are getting back to detecting after pinpointing an object. How true is this common complaint?

I was also concerned about this at first but since realized that the sounds will break thru the nulls. I use very little Disc. and am starting to REALLY like my SE since I learned this. I dont have any experience with the Quattro but would guess it to be similar.

I have only been using mine for one month, so any comments I make should be seen in the light of very little experience. I have used other detectors however, so I am not a total novice. I have noticed that there is a slowness as you suggest, but I don't believe that it is worth talking about. You wait a second or two, that hardly seems to be a problem. As far as I'm concerned, it is a great machine.

I have used the Explorer for a year now!
if your in a hurry you'll miss a lot of good finds...slow her down, keep your pace relaxed and happy, you'll enjoy detecting better! Besides...how many people enjoy the riggers of blasting around a 1800's relic site at a lighting fast pace and moving on to a new location 2 hours later! I enjoy the site for 3-6 months myself!
hehehe :) LOL

KCK/ Columbus, Ohio

Yup - slooooo down and carefully work the ground. It takes me a good bit of time to cover ground with my Explorer.
It's not like I'm going to have a BBQ between response time.

Jkasta, when they make comments about the FBS multi frequency Minelabs being slower, they are not meaning like a few seconds!
They might be a heartbeat slower, there's a whole lot of analysing going on what with 28 simultaneous frequencies being pumped at one moment.
I believe that this trait is a good thing...
Making us slow up a bit!

My motto is down below...

I've been detecting beaches previously hunted by the "Speedy Gonzales" types ~ and still brought home the goodies!:detecting:

Snowy, what speed do you swing your explorer? I swing at about 1 to 11/2 seconds, and have then tried it about 4 to 5 seconds and could not get the signal, then went back to 1 1/2 secs and picked up the signal again

[quote daveo]i use all metal and there is no delay , no nulling .[/quote]

What he said on the Explorer but I have heard the Quattro is slow as a snail. That doesn't mean it wont make finds, we watched Butch work his Quattro and we considered checking his pulse a few times he was moving so slow but man did he dig a pile of silver with that machine.