Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Backyard finds

PAshooter

Finally got the new camera going, still getting the hang of it if you can't tell ;)

[attachment 92619 DSC00003.JPG]
Above is everything I've found in my yard to date, beginning about 2 weeks ago when I got my detector (minus some of the really big iron junk like rusty railroad spikes/tie plates).
Coinage total:
4 wheats (oldest is 1925)
4 clad quarters (oldest is 1965)
5 clad dimes (oldest is 1965)
bunch of lincoln memorial pennies.

[attachment 92620 DSC00006.JPG]
Close up of the 1916 PA driver's license pin

[attachment 92621 DSC00009.JPG]
Brass tag, stamped 36 - anyone seen one of these before?

[attachment 92622 DSC00012.JPG]
Closeup of old battery ID plate, it's solid lead with some readable writing:
"Every week add sufficient distilled water to keep solution above top of plates" at top, "GOULD Storage battery" logo in center, "Gould Storage Battery Co." at bottom

The brass tag is an employee's ID tag. They use them a lot in the mines. I used them in the mines and in construction.

Found a ton of tags myself over the years,, Like John said,, used a lot in teh mines,, we call them check tags,, that old Pa license is really cool and in great shape

Appreciate the responses, and the info on the tag! I'm betting it was for the railroad, like most of the stuff I've found here.
Roberty Roy: I use a Fisher 1236-x2, and I think I'm going to get a Garret Ace 250 next (I realize that's not really a step up, more like a lateral move - but I just want to have an affordable second detector for the family)...OR I may wait a bit until I can afford something in the $600-800 range instead...

I found 6 miner's tags last year and one railroad tag this year.
Here are three miner's tags.

[attachment 92699 5-30-07tags.jpg]

The railroad tag, front and back.
[attachment 92700 ImageBampOtag.jpg]

Yep, that's them! Funny how the two most interesting pieces I've found were both in my yard, both found the same night I received my MD, both right beside each other...