Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back yard visitors

Royal

This hen came in the back yesterday and a big tom followed her. He had at least a 10 inch beard! Longest one I have seen out in back. His head and neck was purple red and he sure found her interesting. I did not have the camera out there and when I went back to get it he left.

She came in again a little while ago and I got this shot but he was nowhere to be seen.

Another bird that comes in occasionally is this Scarlet Tanninger. Beautiful bird.

I am all set to head for the North Branch tomorrow. Sure would be great to have company :D Who's a coming??:super:

[attachment 128713 byturkey.jpg]

[attachment 128714 bytan1.jpg]

[attachment 128715 bytan2.jpg]

n/t

back yard but we have lots of Baltimore Orioles. They come in for the breeding season and then disappear all summer. They come back in the fall on their migration from where ever they go. We have a lot of Hummers, I have just made my second gallon of nectar, and red breasted grosbeaks.

Many different types of woodpeckers, including the Pilated, which is the largest in the world. Now if Sunny could get some Pic's of the Ivory Billed that is rumored to have reappeared in a swamp in her area it would be the second largest :D

That turkey was just in again. They dig a lot but do eat bugs. The hot wire does not seem to bother them at all. I guess the feathers are insulation from the zap. I don't know what happened to the chipmunks but I have not seen any at all out back this spring. A buddy says it is the same at his place. I don't care as I trap them and haul them off, he shoots them but I don't mind a couple around. I have hauled off almost 40 so far but none this year.

the woods birds here. Just not enough open areas by the house. Just down the road, he cut everything around the house and gets the killdeer birds, starlings, and orioles... We get the blue jays, cardinals, doves, lots of small ones like tufted titmouse, wrens, downy woodpeckers. Lots of hunting hawks, crows, owls, Turkey Vultures which are really big. Turkeys are real common in these parts almost to the point of being pest. We did have Painted Buntings and Grosebeaks coming in, real pretty bird but only early spring and only for a few days so I suspect they are just passing thru. Had blue birds for a while but only in the edges of the patures, not by the house....... I need to open it up more by the house to get the other ones in here. Are humming birds are hear now. They are enjoyable to watch. We only get the rubythroated ones...
Geo