Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the same place I found a few weeks ago

7centsworth

I believe I could hunt this place a 100 times and not dig it all. It is extremely trashy. There had to have been a house here during and a little while after the civil war. I found a 69 caliber three ringer with the top grooved carved and a 69 caliper round ball. A button that I'm not sure if it is civil war or after. It says U S ARMY on it. it looks to be made of lead. I also found a ring that is stamped 14k but only is gold on the inside or so it looks. Also a whats it. I dug a ton of iron but I will every time I go to try and remove some of it to get to the good stuff. Most of the small iron and the nails were found with the pinpointer in the same hole with some good stuff.

Many brass and copper rings were plated back then and sold as real gold. I have at least a dozen and some say 18K.

Nice haul Travis :) Congrats Brother!

Greg

WTG Travis. I had a CW site that I used to visit probably 20 times and still dug the goods. It was a ranch with lots of room. What Mike said about the gold ring, probably so. Imagine getting shot with one of those 69 cal bullets - one doesn't get up after that. steve in so la

Great finds Travis! Hope you & yours had a wonderful thanksgiving day. Christmas is just around the corner my friend. God bless.

Martin

Good finds

Mike Chgo area said:
Yeah there has to be. Believe it or not I almost didn't dig the three ringer iron all around it and I barely heard it. I couldn't believe it when I dug the hope and out pops a three ringer.

a White's MXT I got a signal which was good one direction and bad the other way . I may not have dug it but hadn't gotten a good signal in quite a while and the place was late 1800's. First was a good size piece of iron and when I pulled that out checked the hole and good signal rang out. Dug out a 1912 Barber dime. Sometimes I think the old detectors that had you digging everything had us finding more.

Congrats Travis! Glad that you keep on finding the goodies, although lots of trash, too, especially iron which there was plenty of back then! Hope you, Liz and Loren had a very Happy Thanksgiving Day with God's Blessings, always! Amen! Ma