Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the old ball field

Panhead

Thought the detecting was over with for the year for me. I got out last week for a couple days with some warmer weather for a total of around seven hrs. Went back out to the old baseball field that’s over grower with clover and weeds. I have the big coil on the first day with the broken horse weeds and road apples it was pretty hard to detect I found a barber dime and two penny’s. I went back out the next day with the small coil on an found three more barbers dimes. I sure like this coil. I could get around the weeds so much better, as all of you know who has it. Any copper I get out of this ground is pitted. This guy that let me hunt there has four horses in there. Be along winter now.

Couldn’t really tell Mike it was to far gone. This the only place I hunt that they come out out the ground like that.

Couldn’t really tell Mike it was to far gone hate it when that happens

Did you break out the calipers and measure it to see if its close to any nickels? or other US coins? and weigh it? I know some of the weight is gone but it might take other possibilities out of the mix.... None the less looks like an awesome day... I could use one of those lol...

Mike K "Ohio"

Great finds love barbers!
Mark

The toasted thing appears to have some larger letters on it like a dog tag or token or something. Blow it up a lot and you’ll see what I mean...
That’s a heck of a ratio, I do like that! Congrats on a couple of great late season saves!

Now that's a grand slam!! The horses will help in the long run smashing down the stubble but not with the poo apples lol. Oski isn't very far from where I live congrats on a hunt.
HH Jeff

Ted I was wandering what part of Iowa you was from I’m in Oskaloosa. Laplander and Mike I’m glad you noticed with blowing that up I could see what you was saying. I’m going to try to clean it up tomorrow. I’ve found quit I few Indians out there this year and haven’t detected for two years. I’ve got 16 Indians all together that’s trashed from out there that’s counting a couple years ago detecting. Also strange I’ve only found one buffalo and one mercury out there, mostly barber dimes. Tks panhead

I am about 35 miles north of Waterloo..I played a couple of gigs near Osky in the 80s and always wanted to race at Eddyville with my drag car before I fell ill...My two last silver coins were both Barber dimes...

What a great hunt! Barbers aren't very common around where I live.

I wish I had a field that was that old around here!

That's a heck of a place you have to hunt. I don't think I've ever found 4 barbers in a year.