Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back To The Beach, X-Terra 705

botlmole

Went back to the beach after a short break to rest me weary bones, the soft sand is tough on the knee and ankles, picked up a lot of junk, most of it I will recycle so I can burn some more over priced gas to get back to the beach or back to the desert. Here is the good stuff, minus 1 nice ornate copper bracelet and a huge ornate copper ear ring, my best so far, 5 rings, 1 is a very thin silver kids ring, the 2 diamond rings were found within 1 foot of each other right on the edge of the waves or wet sand, one is a Woman's and one is a Girls, that makes 3 Diamond rings in the last week or so, My Buddy says that since I have gotten the X-Terra 705, I have found more good finds and more finds overall than the last 5 years of detecting with my other machines, I have to agree with him, I have owned this one since right before Thanksgiving 2011, it has well paid for itself. Its so much fun to go out detecting with this unit. I go out again on Saturday, The one ugly ring is a big man's ring, has embossed symbols on it, it looks silver and gold plated, the salt water wasted it, the plating is coming off, I am going to try and clean it up. Whats everyone using to clean beach coins up these days, I have a 5 gallon bucket 2/3rds full of keep able finds and recyclables. More Later.

Hi Botlmole,
Great finds the xterra is a top gun machine alright,have you tested those diamonds,my experience is diamonds are not generally mounted in silver only gold or white gold,sorry I dont want to put a damper on your finds.and I sure hope that they are the real thing.All the same great going.

Nice finds-especially the fine -light wire rings. I'm anxious to try some beach MDing w mine.

Great finds! What sort of TID's prompted you to dig these? I'm still getting used to my 705 and this kind of information would sure help.
-Bill-

Here are some exerpts from a couple posts I've made concerning TID numbers on the X-TERRAs..

These TID numbers are based on the two digit notch segments of the X-70 and X-705. The X-30, 305, 50 and 505 numbers will be similar and inclusive.

If you are passing over targets with a numeric TID of +2, +4 and +6, you risk missing rose gold rings, platinum rings, white gold rings and some foreign coins.
If you are passing over targets represented with a TID of +6, +8 and +10, you risk missing more white gold rings, more platinum rings, thin yellow gold rings, lead and brass shells and the US nickel 3-cent piece.
If you set your detector to reject TID numbers +14 and +16, you will risk missing very thin silver coins, the $1.00 US Gold coin, thin yellow gold rings, Shield nickels, Liberty V nickels, 40% silver War nickels, many wedding bands, 10kt class rings, tokens and more foreign coins.
If you set your notches to reject +16, +18 and +20, you will risk missing gold rings, tokens, various gold jewelry, 14kt rings, brass, the US $2.50 Gold piece, Indian Head cents, Flying Eagle cents, more foreign coins and even large 10kt class rings.
If you rejected notch segments +20, +22, +24 and +26, you risk missing more Indian Head pennies, the US silver 3-cent piece, the US $5 Gold piece, large gold rings, small silver pieces, gold jewelry and medallions, and still more old tokens.

Here is the link to a post I made regarding the TID of specific rings that I've found. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,427625,427684#msg-427684

A two part blog post can be found on Minelab's TreasureTalk blog. Part 1 explains notch discrimination. Part two gives specific examples. Here is the link to part 2 http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/notch-discrimination-on-the-x-terra-ever-wonder-what-you-re-missing-part-2

Additional information on TID can be found in my book, Understanding your X-TERRA. You can view or download a copy FREE on Minelab's website. Here is the preview link. http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/43282/Understanding%20you%20X-TERRA%20preview.pdf

HH Randy

Those are nice finds!!What coil are you using at the beach?I haven't hunted wet sand yet,didn't bring the 9" concentric last time i was there.

The copper and wasted ring were about 6" to 8" I had to move a lot of wet mucky stuff to get them, the little silver ring was about 3 1/2" and the 2 diamonds were about 3" in the wet.

Most of the deeper rings I have found were right between 20 and 28, the shallow rings anywhere from 12 to 18 if I remember right? I get pumped when I start finding good stuff and forget to check.

I am not sure they are real or not? I want to talk to a friend of mine and see about getting a good diamond tester, he has one, so more later on if they make the grade or not, the rings themselves are yellow gold and white gold, the pictures don't really show the color very well, the stones look good. We shall see, I will repost when I find out.

Sorry if I missed it but are you hitting fresh water or salt beaches?

What's your sequence of setting up your machine if you don't mind telling us? Also have you ever checked the mineralization of the sand ever at your beach?