Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back in the saddle again...

Arkie John

Well, not quite. I AM back from the land of the oppressed, thanks to Hurricane Rita.

As most of you know, I have spent the past seven weeks in Jasper and Newton counties, Texas, supervising bunches of trucks. Our mission? ...to get all storm-related debris off the public rights of way (city, county and [sometimes] state.

It was surely a mess but laced with much opportunity to assist people who literally reside in "a world of hurt." I could not imagine that--after SEVEN months--that this place was still so messed up.

I heard story after story, told to me through tears and furrowed brows of worry. When I get my feet back on the ground, I'll be posting a couple of those stories w/photos and acquaint you with some of the precious folks I came to know and love. But for now, I must just take a little "arkie time" and kick back. The silence of the Hilltop is beautiful.

Yup, Arkansas has more than its share of tornados, but, I'm tellin' you, I'll take one of those puppies ANYTIME over even a 'small' hurricane.

More later. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers during my absence. I had no computer. Even with one, I could not have found the time to use it. Seven days a week and thirteen-hour days...it really makes me appreciate God's abundance...even in a quiet afternoon on the Hilltop...one more time.

Blessings to all. More later. <><

aj

n/t

have pretty much abandoned us. :( Glad to see you back. Check out the Turkey pictures I posted a while back.

Catch your breath, but I'm waitin to hear some of those stories. The way you tell em, it's like bein there!

Dave

we you tied up with that project you emailed me about? :D

I plan to rectify that situation beginning 7 April, until the 17th. Lil' Brother and I plan on our spring assault on the turkeys and will also do a little striper and black bass fishing around the Hwy 27 Bridge on Lake Ouachita.

aj

We hope to do our part to keep the turkey population in check,a little later on this next month. :D

I have much catchin' up to do.

Linda will be out for bit, recouping from a minor procedure. Expect to hear from her with "vigor" as soon as she attains full strength!

aj

I looked for arrowheads a few times but did not find any. It was only after I got back here this past Sunday that I was wandering over my turkey stand, searching for an arrow that I lost last winter, that I skied it.... I mean it is a perfect 'gary' point circa 1500 years. They are common as far as points go, but nonetheless beautiful.

It had to be a drop, or perhaps, the old warrior shot at a deer or turkey and just lost his arrow (like me).

Finding the point sent me to scurrying around in the washes of the nearby creek--not even a flake. Oh well. I'll post a photo soon, along with the "rest of the story."

aj

That Texas is always a BIG place. But along with the big places came mountains of story-related debris on the public rights of way--that made my job secure. :D

Someday I hope to return and see Newton County in great, open country splendor. <><

aj

Say, you were in East Texas, not SE Texas. :lol: There use to be lots of lumber camps up there around Jasper, Texas. Also, lots of Timber Rattlesnakes! I still am looking forward to your stories involving your experiences these past few months. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)