Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from vacation....

Found just a few goodies. The .925 ring is actually 5 ring intertwined. This was a grounds find not a beach or water find.
As far as coins I found 7 wheats, one 1918-s merc and a 1888 indian.

Greg in Michigan

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Two of the places I found some keepers had underground sprinkling, and it was just like butter.
Greg in Michigan

Has anyone ever dug in" black gumbo ",worse than red clay at one time it was covered with salt water.When you dig you get a few tiny shells and it sticks to everything:sad:Need a cold norther to come on down:clapping:

Horrible stuff, Bill,! My ex had to work in it at one time in NW St. Louis, MO County --stuck to everything, shoes & etc. When my friend & I were MD'ing in Forest Park, the workers had cleaned out that Black Gumbo from the bottoms of the lakes & piled it up in a huge pile in which Ginny was finding old bottles--well old unwise me decided to get on top with my winter boots on (but was summer) & got stuck good or badly, whichever way you want to put it; I managed to get out of them & walked across with my white socks on & made it down; needless to say it really scared me but Ginny being much taller rescued my boots so I had something to wear on my feet as we continued the day hunting hidden goodies but don't remember any more if we had success or not but I never did get onto any of those suck you down piles of black lake mud again! :crylol: :surrender: Ma