Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from vacation with a little silver...........

Greg from Mi.

Hi everyone:
Just got back from a camping trip. We went to Wisconsin Dells.
We had a great time and a safe trip. Cant say I liked pulling the trailer through Chicago though!!
As far as detecting I found a Ring, ( looks like silver and rang up like silver but no marks )
A 1958 Dog tax tag from a town we went to ( Reedsburg )
a 1912 Barber Dime and a 1928 Merc.
An old broche ( still has the pin )
Also found 10 Wheat

the quilt house and you detecting out side ! How could they say no :) Nice bunch of goodies you got too. Glad you had a fun time, Steve in so az

poking into a power line (those ones that lay only 6" under the ground) would be a terrible way to frizz out your hair!:lol: Nice finds though, despite the hassle.

J.

Not sure the dog tag is a 1958? That is usually where the put the number on tag for how many sold. The date is usually at the bottom. I think it looks older? Congrats on the silver and not getting in too much trouble! You seem to attract police officers! :lol:

I've never known you to be pushy except how to pronounce Lima (Lime-uh) Ohio. It's a wonder that the police didn't arrest you right then and there. We would have missed you. LOL. Don't argue with the guy with the gun. Quick thinking on the quilt shop. Got the good out of asking there.
I was denied permission to detect a nearby college, founded in the 1800's, because they had "underground lines". I asked the person that was talking to me if they would like for me to show them where they are located. Since I couldn't get permission I also told that the person that wouldn't allow the detecting didn't know what they were talking about. Madame secretary told me very firmly that they DID KNOW WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT. Board of trustees can be exasperating.
Great find's though.