Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BACK FROM THE PARK, FOUND WAR BUTTON.

steveholdem

I DID NOT HAVE ALOT OF TIME TO USE THE METEL DETECT BECAUSE OF THE BASEBALL TOURNAMENTS I RUN< BUT DID MANAGE TO PULL THIS UP< I'VE SEEN IT BEFORE SOMEWHERE BUT CAN NOT REMERBER HAS ANYBODY GOT ANY INSIGHT ON THIS BUTTON, AND WHATS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN IT UP,

:usaflag:Pretty rough looking button. I would'nt think that scrubbing it with anything is going to make it better. I usually drop my coins and buttons (if I find one) in a cup of hydrogen peroxide overnight just to hopefully lift some of the crustiness off of it. Or if you want to be brave try a mix of baking soda and water and let it sit or clean it with an old toothbrush. That is supposed to work good for silver items. Anyways..nice find.:super: Looks like a military type button to me.

best thing to do is just rinse it, these buttons are hollow and super weak with age, they will crush very easy, believe me I found over 2000 of these in a military dump a couple years ago and tried cleaning a few for the National guard museum display I wasted a few but I had so many it didn't matter. soak em but I wouldn't scrub on them, they look neater patina green anyways. Nice find get some more!

Well, Steve add that button to your Civil war bullet collection. It is a yankee uniform button. Judging from it's size and detail it is probably a jacket or coat button. Just my dos centavos. Txquest

these are also used in world war 2

GREETZ BUX

i found one just like it and it was made 1895 to 1917

I'm thinking WWI......hh.......Dan