Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

back at the old beach

sube

jyH2suB.jpg
[/img] Decided to take the nox instead of the ctx checked all signals both found them the dime and indian were pushing 12 inches the rest around 10 inches most be the sand here I haven't found coins this deep in regular dirt , Also got a 1909 vdb been a while .hope you guys got out sube

Congratulations! You gotta love those Barber's and the 1909 VDB, very cool finds.

Minelabs go deep in sand or dirt in my opinion.

Too hot for me, I haven't been out since trying the RS at 8. Might get out soon when temps go back to low 80's.

Tony NJ

Very nice find ,Congratulations

That is a fantastic day of hunting!!

Deep coins and rings for that matter are fun in the sand aren't they Sube!! Fresh or salt and of course some setting if you please :shrug:
HH Jeff

Nice finds sube I found a small old beach that gave up some incredible finds with my Nox one find was a 1776 mint 2 Reale

You did good Sube! You also prove a point & prove that the Equinox is not a disadvantage against the CTX! Equinox is a good value for what it can do.

laplander said:
Deep coins and rings for that matter are fun in the sand aren't they Sube!! Fresh or salt and of course some setting if you please :shrug:
HH Jeff

Settings park 1 sensitivity 23 or higher depending on noise ground balance was 11 iron bias 0 recovery 2 or 1 if my brain can handle it 5 for tones then I hunt with the horse shoe button engage.

I look at recovery speed like this 1 and 2 will give audio for all targets 2 not as good as 1 but easier on the brain 3 better on brain but does not give audio on all targets 4 5 6 7 8 for more busy places if I can I will run 1 but if the iron out numbers the non ferrous targets then I will go to 2 or 3 but I like to run at one you have to check more iron falses but this is where all targets show and max depth is achieved it's a trade off but to get these coins I need depth.

I don't run 50 tone it becomes to confusing in a busy place the horse shoe all metal displays the iron and non ferrous on the screen to be see where you come off iron and hit a nonferrous target you see the flip from -1 to 23 and then a sweep from the other direction you see 23 to -1 now I know what side of the iron the non ferrous targets laying now I will change 90 degrees to the target and sweep the non ferrous with the tip of the coil and see if a solid signal.

This lets you find some targets without having the iron signal involved making it easier to make a dig or no dig decision.

Separation has more to do with coil speed and slow is better even at recovery 8 the only thing different from 1 or 8 is the audio 1 longest audio 8 short audio however 1 gives audio on all targets while 8 will miss targets in iron and not give audio but 8 comes in handy when targets are dense the audio is separate from target to target where as 1 is a long audio making you sweep slower to hear each audio between targets . A lot off audio on targets at 8 will be clipped and not full but it finds the target then 1 can be used to get a better understanding of the target.

As for as separation it has to do with coil size pure and simple little coil better separation than bigger coil , speed has nothing to do with separation it's coil size those that continue to use the stock coil and say it's just as good as the 6 are only fooling them self's .Speed makes it easier to hear audio target separation from target to target but 1 see's all the targets to but a much slower sweep is used to hear the separation from target to target because the audio is longer but 1 does not miss targets like 8.

I have a video on the ctx and nox in iron 2 or 3 pages back look at 11.30 of the video to see what speed settings do on the target I'm sweeping.

Joe black it is a good detector no ? but it will never ID as well as the CTX that's a fact. sube