Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back at it!

Mark kus

I have been sidelined with my Equinox being back for repair well another replacement should have the new one Saturday the screws that hold the controller to the handle all but one broke free of the plastic! I hope everyone stays healthy ...
188344A2-CC11-45CE-88A4-0B90EAD11BF3.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure handle became very loose so I tried to tighten screws carefully worked for a little while they became loose again and I decided to take it apart the plastic inside had cracked apart.
Be careful they should beef the plastic up I'm very careful with my detector never dropped it always clean it off after every use.
Mark

C'mon Mark tell the truth, you just wore that thing plain out. lol I had to have one of my 800s replaced when the Bluetooth button failed to turn on. Physically the button wouldn't function. Minelab was great about it, within a few days they had a new one on the way. Good luck and let us know if find any difference between the old and new. I haven't had a chance to use my replacement yet as it came only two days before lockdown. Again good luck and stay safe. Mark

C'mon Mark tell the truth, you just wore that thing plain out. lol I had to have one of my 800s replaced when the Bluetooth button failed to turn on. Physically the button wouldn't function. Minelab was great about it, within a few days they had a new one on the way. Good luck and let us know if find any difference between the old and new. I haven't had a chance to use my replacement yet as it came only two days before lockdown. Again good luck and stay safe. Mark
Thanks Lol yeah I know I’m on a permanent replacement contract with minelab lol
My first replacement was when the power button failed this is my second warrantied machine It has paid itself off with just clad not to mention the silver it’s found!
Mark

I have fixed many item that broke the same way over the years.
I’d mix up sone two part glue it. Then after it dries I’d fill the areas around it with glue and it will be better than new. And stronger.
To me that is a very easy fix.
I use a very strong glue.

I did epoxy them in the first time they loosened up problems is the warranty and the battery door .

There is a lot of torque on those little inserts every time you swing the coil. Not an excuse for failure just an observation. They are great with warranty.
HH Jeff

There is a lot of torque on those little inserts every time you swing the coil. Not an excuse for failure just an observation. They are great with warranty.
HH Jeff
Yes there is on the screws IMHO its bound to happen to more machines I have tons of hours on mine and they were a lot better when Jamie was there on warranty it took a call from me and email to get things rolling going on over two weeks now.

Putting epoxy on certain Plastics will dissolve and/or weaken the plastic.
Medium grade loctite maybe some loctite or thread lock will also dissolve plastic or weaken plastics
I would try it on a small area first you will be able to see if it's dissolving the plastic.
By looking at the plastic around those threaded inserts that's what happened.

Should still be o. Warranty..
l‘d fill the holes and spaces around the post with special plastic steel epoxy. I use DEVCON home Plastic Steel epoxy. (2600 psi strength)
this stuff gets so hard when it’s dry it’s even hard to grind with a dremmel. i mix a small amount with Tooth pick.
Doug

Putting epoxy on certain Plastics will dissolve and/or weaken the plastic.
Medium grade loctite maybe some loctite or thread lock will also dissolve plastic or weaken plastics
I would try it on a small area first you will be able to see if it's dissolving the plastic.
By looking at the plastic around those threaded inserts that's what happened.
I used devcon 5 minute never had a problem using it on plastic

I used devcon 5 minute never had a problem using it on plastic
I have used the Devcom for years and have never had a problem and not saying that couldn’t happen. on something that is porous like foam I would be cautious.
He should send it in but the way things are right now that may take some time.
if mine ever brakes I will be gluing it and infact i might just might enforce mine and that way the metal insert won’t twist and break loose. Infact I have fixed broken ears on coils (another brand) and they have never broken again but I have a trick I use.
Doug

New machine will be here today man shipping is slow! took two days to get from Mass to CT!

588DE6D6-BB96-4667-8C19-183A32DD5EC3.jpeg
5575502A-6B10-43C9-ABD3-7ED5FC1CAACC.jpeg
02406610-5D9C-4911-A3E5-22E1AD4DA3A5.jpeg
I’m using a modified stock shaft with a clamp in the middle works great

Though you had the upper Steve‘s with the counterbalance .
careful with the cover so the head dosen’t get hot in the sun.
thats the reason I haven‘t gone with the cover but the brown would be cooler than black.

Doug

Though you had the upper Steve‘s with the counterbalance .
careful with the cover so the head dosen’t get hot in the sun.
thats the reason I haven‘t gone with the cover but the brown would be cooler than black.

Doug
No I made one I use the stock one for travel I can fit it back pack.

No I made one I use the stock one for travel I can fit it back pack.
I would seriously consider if especially with the amount of detecting you do because of the counter weight.
lit is really nice quality and has fine threads that screw into the end of the shaft. I use It for the 6&11” coil and if I had the 15” I would definitely need it. The counterweight increased my detecting time a lot.
Doug

I would seriously consider if especially with the amount of detecting you do because of the counter weight.
lit is really nice quality and has fine threads that screw into the end of the shaft. I use It for the 6&11” coil and if I had the 15” I would definitely need it. The counterweight increased my detecting time a lot.
Doug
Thanks I talk to him all the time show him my finds Lol hit a silver ring after work with the new nox.
68513923-4A14-4A13-9D1A-5D6BE3839BDE.jpeg