Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Awesome 2 Day hunt at old Fairgrounds :super:

Joe-IN

My friend Rich and his wife and my other Friend Ron and I hit a fairgrounds that is about 40 miles from my home dates back and then back some more. Many people have hit it in the past matter of fact I was told a guy brought in a motor home and set up camp back in the early 80s :smoke: But I did not let that get in the way of what I was there for! We hit it early in the morning Sun after I got off work I was really tired but once we got there I somehow became wide awake it started off really slow and the part we wanted to hunt the grass was really to high but I poked around and tried to make due. I was down in a valley and I heard a mower going so off I went to investigate when I walked to the top of the hill there was a guy with a Dixie Chopper :clap: He came over and introduced himself ended up being the president of the Conservation club that is also on the property. Super cool guy asked if I was finding anything I said well trying but the grass is a bit high he said where are you wanting to hunt as he gave me a little history lesson :thumbup: I said well would really like down in the valley he said okay that is where I will start mowing so I poked and messed around some more till he was finished still was going a bit slow my attention was really on this one hillside well after a couple more hrs he had got done mowing it so off I went started out around a restroom that looked like it had seen no action in a while :lol: weeds was all grown up on both sides of the entrance ways so I hit around the building then it happened got the first best signal of the day and it was a screamer quarter signal so as I was digging I thought Washington,SLQ someone has dropped as the made their exit from the restroom pulled the plug and about filled my pants :surprised: 1876 Seated. So I went over where my buddy Rich was and of coarse I had the goofy cheesy grin on my face we all get when something cool is found he held out his hand and I dropped it he said "NO WAY" and we stood there giggling like a couple off school girls for a min or two :lol: Then I headed back over as I worked my way back to the hillside that was screaming for me from the start well I am going at a nails pace lost in my own little world looked up and Rich and his wife came to join in on the action. My next find was a Barber dime off of this hill I just kept moving in reverse okay well not really but it felt like it about 10 min later hit a Seated Dime man was I in heaven anyway I ended the day with 76 Seated Quarter, 58 Seated Dime,89 and 02 Barber Dimes,and a few IHs :super: .......... Day two: I ended up with a 1851 Silver 3 center a 57 Seated Quarter and a 91 Seated Dime and a IH. What a blast it was just goes to show a place is never hunted out just have to work a little harder is all. Thanks for looking and HH..........Joe

Holy crap Joe! I freakin HATE you :surprised: What did rich find??

That is a couple of great days hunting Joe...............:thumbup:

n/t

Derrelld said:

He ended up with a 1848 Lg cent 53 Seated Dime a 80 something Barber Quarter, and about 10 IH's

That is one way to spend a weekend Joe. :detecting:
Hunting a site that has been "hunted out"
and finding the coins you guys found. It
just don't get much better. Congratulations!!
Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Nice job. Looks like a great place to set up camp and stay for a while..... How do I get there? :bouncy:

Spectacular finds. I hope you go back there again and find some more. The guy cutting the grass was really special too-you don't run into that kind of help too often.

n/t

Wow that is a great story, and hey Joe, put a couple periods in those sentences, I found myself out of breath, reading that post without a break, lol! Great coins, I must say awesome finds! I think I would hit that place a dozen or 50 times. amc

That is more than awesome Ron.:clapping: Man, I got my bags packed and ready to come out your way.:rofl: Those are some nice finds and if this is just a start at this place then I know that you will be posting some more great stuff from there. Best of luck on your return trip to those old fairgrounds. HH.

Eddie

amc rulz said:
Wow that is a great story, and hey Joe, put a couple periods in those sentences, I found myself out of breath, reading that post without a break, lol! Great coins, I must say awesome finds! I think I would hit that place a dozen or 50 times. amc

Thanks Amc :thumbup: I did put a couple of periods in there. I was in a hurry sorry I ran you outta breath :lol: .........HH Joe

Eddie in Poulsbo said:
That is more than awesome Ron.:clapping: Man, I got my bags packed and ready to come out your way.:rofl: Those are some nice finds and if this is just a start at this place then I know that you will be posting some more great stuff from there. Best of luck on your return trip to those old fairgrounds. HH.

Eddie
Thanks Eddie :thumbup: I am sure there are more goodies there waiting........HH Joe

Joe-IN said:
Derrelld said:

He ended up with a 1848 Lg cent 53 Seated Dime a 90 something Barber Quarter, and about 10 IH's

Sorry guys up at the top was meant to say 99 Barber Dime not 99 was a typo :wacko:

Joe-IN said:
Sorry guys up at the top was meant to say 99 Barber Dime not 99 was a typo :wacko:

:rage: 99 not 89 I may get it right sooner or later!

I've had some really good days of detecting but you sure have me beat. I'm still looking for my first seated quarter and only found two silver 3 cent pieces in the past 10 years. WTG!

DD