Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Avon, N.C. 27915

BoobieinPa

The wife just booked us a home in Avon for the 1st. week in June. Could someone advise me the laws in the area, as to detecting the shoreline and in the water. If it is permitted I plan on taking my Tiger Shark and the DFX.

Thank you
Any information will be most appreciated,

bridge to ocracoke

bridge north to virgina and beyound is ok.........all of kills devil hills, nags head and corrola and duck go for it

VERY BAD NEWS FROM BRIDGE SOUTH.............OFF LIMITS

BUT U CAN CHECK FOR TO BE SAFE AND LET US KNOW.

Actually from the southernmost beach access in South Nags Head north to Virginia line is OK. When you walk across the dune at this access you must go left(North). This access is a few miles north of Oregon Inlet.

Realeman's got it right. South Nags Head North to the state line is legal. South of the last house in Nags Head is not.It's all National wildlife refuge including Ocracoke and Portsmouth islands.

any area shown in green will get your detector taken away.
The areas within the towns you will need to check with the individual towns to see if it is OK.

http://home.nps.gov/applications/parks/caha/ppMaps/CAHAmap1.pdf

Rick (TN)

Thank you for the map [home.nps.gov]. If I read it correctly the Area around Avon & Buxton on the sound side is ok for detecting. Those areas are not in the green.

There is no bridge to Ocracoke. Only way to get there is by ferry, private boat, or plane. Boobie, I will be down on Ocracoke from May 31 thru June 10. If you can find you can detect in Avon maybe I will take the ferry over one day and join you. We spend and a week and a half or so there every summer on Ocracoke and if time permits a shorter trip or two during the year. Good hunting.

I will be there from June 3 to June 10. We will be leaving on the tenth. That is when our rental is up. At least that is the info I have as of now.
Are you also on the Treasure Quest forum?

would still check to be sure that there is no local prohibition against detecting.

Rick (TN)

Thank you for the replies and the information, it is well appreciated.