Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AuzeeSheila posted this down below and I laughed my butt off!!!:rofl:

Royal

It was in response to Freds post about the bee's. Now this was funny as heck and I sure hope she sticks around!! Sunny needs a little help defending the ladies side.... I sure welcome AuzeeSheila to our little part of the web!!

Here in Australia we have a specie of paper wasps which, although small, attack by the swarm when disturbed. Recently, I was out trimming the hedge in the front yard with an electric trimmer, when all of a sudden I was swarmed by these wasps. They attacked the back of my left hand and between the fingers and, somehow, while trying not to do a war dance for the whole street and passing traffic, I didn't let go of the trimmer and promptly cut through the electric cord. The circuit breaker cut the power and, after dropping the now silent trimmer on the ground, I headed for the garage, while madly pressing the remote control to open the garage door. It took me a couple of minutes of vigorous button pressing before I realised that, without power, I was locked out of my house. My daughter, who had been helping me, was outside with me and had also conscientiously locked the only gate which would have allowed us access. I am 60 yrs old - 152 cms (5ft 2in ) and I certainly didn't feel like climbing a 6ft fence and certainly wouldn't allow my daughter to try it as she is disabled and balance isn't one of her strengths. Stuck out in the front yard and not one neighbour within cooee was home. No money, no cell phone, no painkillers and certainly no tears . . .yet! Only option was the forementioned gate which had a Yale lock about midway up and a bolt (into the floor) lock at the bottom. Did I mention that this was a Lattice work gate? No? Well, yes it was . . . and somehow I got my throbbing left hand through one of the gaps between the lattice and undid the Yale lock . . . things were looking up. Except the bolt lock was about 9inches down from the lowest horizontal space that I could get my hand through. Eventually, with a lot of wiggling and twisting, I hooked a finger around the button (picture the lock buttons on old cars) on the bolt and reefed it up. Charged into the house and, after applying lotion to the stings, tried to reset the circuit breaker which wouldn't switch on for me. Went back outside to the trimmer and deplugged it and then rang husband at work, on board ship, to get instructions. As I never ring him at work unless it's an emergency, as soon as he saw the home number, he panicked. Then he almost had a nervous breakdown when I told him what had happened. Anyway, I got the power on again, and now the hedge needs trimming again . . .let's see . . will I . . . or won't I?
AuzeeSheila.

That would be something I could accomplish!:rofl: Welcome to the Aussie Shelia! Send us some more!

Dave

n/t

Your situation certainly does make you appreciate the good days, eh?

You know, I probably shall never get to your beautiful part of the world. We would love to hear some more of your stories (I know you have many--I am 59 and so I KNOW you can tell us a bunch about your area and how you grew up, etc., etc.

Welcome to our little forum. As you can tell, we just write stories off the cuff, most of the time and there's no other place like it on the web that I know of.

We once had a guy from down you way that was a sheep herder at one time or other. That's been too long ago for me to remember. He posted for a year or so and I guess he ran out of stories. We have not heard from him in a long time. I can't remember his name, but maybe Royal or some of the others will remember.

So come on back and give us a story or three. The forum's a little slow right now, but it should liven up again pretty quick. By the way, how did you find us??? <><

Thanks again,

aj

one brilliant FLASH! and it's all done! :rofl:

shen under pressure sometimes i do alright,other times not so good,but when getting bee stung i always resort to running:).

You sound like a can do lady. Do what ever it takes to get it done or fixed. For sure those bee's can be nasty. I've turned over a few nest in the ground with my bulldozer and all of a sudden you are being hit from every angle. Don't take long to dismount then. Funny, now but I bet it was not then. Welcome aboard. You will fit right in with this crew.

George-CT

Sounds like you had quite the experience.....:lol: Thanks for a good laugh at your expense. I have had similar things happen to me...and I know they are certainly not funny at the time!

the first time I read it, which was not long after you posted it. I told you I could use another good woman on this forum, to keep these guys straight, and welcomed you to stay around for a bit of womanly backup! Your story cracked me up then and I certainly could identify, as it sounded like something that would happen to me! Anyway, this was probably right at the time my granddaughter went into the hospital, and I have not been back on much, and then I saw where your story had been moved to then top. I did not see my first post to you, and I have no idea what happened to it. I was the first or second responder at the time. Sometimes, when your post gets moved to the top, if someone has responded, the responses do not move with it! If this happened, I apologize, because I was quite excited to see another female around. Come on back. I need you! :please: :)

Wow, thanks everyone--I don't know what to say (blush.) I'm glad you all enjoyed my tale of woe! Do others find as I do, that these sort of things happen in three's.

Thanks Sunny, for your encouragement, it's a bit daunting with all of these old geezer's here, and I applaud your ability to withstand their jokes against we, the weaker sex ;-)) Sorry to hear about your grand-daughters troubles and I hope all is well for her now. I don't have any grand-kids . . . . . yet (I do have 3sons and 1 daughter) so my brag book, (cell phone these days) is full of pics of our 19yr old cat and sons' dog, which we have been baby-sitting for the last 6 years.

I found this forum, Arkie John, through Googling for info on gold detecting. My husband Ron became interested and bought a Minelab 3500 detector 2 years ago. I have been lurking around these parts (amongst others) since that time. We had a 'normal' sedan car at the time and would take day trips into the bush in a quest for that most elusive gold nugget, yet to be found, the first one. We would leave home at 4am, travel 4-5 hrs, run around in the bush for 5-6 hrs, then it was an even longer 4-5 hrs drive home again. It became obvious, after a few trips, that we would need a more robust vehicle to get to some of the more isolated locations our research led us to. We hired a Toyota for a few days, made a small country hotel our base and then drove to the chosen site each day.

Until one day . .

I was driving home from a meeting of ladies (sometimes termed as 'Secret Women's Business' in Oz) when a rather large Toyota 4wd vehicle, whose driver thought that 'Give Way' signs were for all the other vehicles on the road, ignored that very sign and plowed into my right front side. Wiped my car out. . . . . Wrote it off . . . . and all I was worried about was that my daughter would be worried if I was late home. I guess I should mention about here that I walked away unscathed, as did the other driver. This incident allowed us to enter the world of 4x4 wheel driving and that also led us into the world of Camper Trailers. Now, when we go out 'nuggeting,' we go in style and comfort.

Anyway folks, thanks you your welcome and I will try to post more often.
Auzeesheila.

soon to be one of the boys like Linda is. Have the hubby drop around any time. I would love to hear your adventure in nugget hunting, as I am sure the others would. Wayne is an old Nugget hunter himself!

We love story's from Down Under!!:thumbup:

words about sweet Hanna. This week she is doing great, weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs. and 4 ozs. at the doc's yesterday! These guys really aren't THAT bad. Truth is, i love 'em all like brothers, but I sure do welcome your back up. :lol: Write us another funny! Your first post here reminded me so much of myself! :)

n/t