Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Auto sens vs manual

All I use is manual because it goes a lot deeper than auto

From experimentation and reading what other fellows use I feel run it on manual as high where your unit is stable...

That's what I do,but I read a few older post, like 5 years old that said auto and bump it up to 28,and it would be stable. But I run manual too.

I guess I will be the different one as usual,But I like to run auto sens. at +3. In my area manuel is to erratic even at lower settings and auto is so smooth so that is what I use. I'm also one of the few people who runs 4 tones. I must be getting old as I use to like to push a detector to the edge of stability for a little more depth,But these days I rather sacrifice a little depth for a smoother running detector.

OOP's,Forgot I was on Explorer Forum as above comment is for E-trac. Also had a Explorer for a very short time and used Auto,But never tried the Manuel as didn't keep it long. I have way more time on the E-trac.

I typically use 27 auto "almost" everwhere, I do switch to manual occasionally but I'm quickly reminded why I like Auto. The stability/smoothness is my reason, on a side note I have dug small 5/8" flat buttons and coins at depths of 8" - 9". Its all in what you listen for and hear and how fast you sweep..